Glasgow switched to The Garage!

Jockthrax

Mar 9, 2002
Glasgow
www.anthrax.com
According to www.wayahead.com the mighty 'Thrax's show will be played at the much smaller venue of the Garage.
I have been to many excellent gigs at the garage (including Anthrax) and dont get me wrong it is a decent venue. However the thing that dissapoints me is the fact that a few months ago Scott {or John} were in The Barras commenting on how cool it was to be on the big stage again after getting put down to the Garage the last time (Stomp Tour). I know its a Tuesday and in the middle of summer but F*ck this is frustraiting. Maybe us Glasgow boys and girls have had it 2 good over the last few months...........
Anyways see you all at the Garage....
headbob.gif

You have been lucky with their appearances so often over the last year.

I want them in Australia - last time was April 96 !!!

Damn!!! My prophecy came true (see the other Glasgow thread I started). As I said before, I think the crowd for the March show was artificially high due to it being a Friday night and I saw loads of people there who weren't neccesarily Anthrax fans, but were metallers having a night out. I think the promoter got the wrong idea that there is a huge demand for Anthrax in Glasgow and booked the Barrowlands again. Anyway, just say only five hundered or so show up, it'll be a better atmosphere in the Garage. Still a bummer about the Barrowlands though.

Dutchy makes a good point there, i have yet to see the safe home video on uk tv yet, i didnt expect it on Kerrang cause that just tends to play Kiddie metal but i would have expected for it to show up on Scuzz or MTV2 at some point. I'll have to watch more tv i suppose...

Aye, this is a massive disappointment, I'm totally gutted that it's been down-graded to the Garage. Not a huge fan to be honest, saw Pitchshifter there & it was a disappointment.

Still totally hyped about seeing Anthrax for the 2nd time, but it's a wee bit of a let down coming from Inverness to go to the Garage.

Still we'll rip shit up, I'm sure of it;)

Excuse my ignorance (I'm not from the West), but is the Garage on Saucciehall Street? Would I be right in saying that if I was to come out of the Buchannan Galleries I would turn right and I would be on Saucciehall Street? How far along is the Garage? It's weird that I've been going to the Barrowlands since 1992, but I've never been to the Garage.

DINO said:
Excuse my ignorance (I'm not from the West), but is the Garage on Saucciehall Street? Would I be right in saying that if I was to come out of the Buchannan Galleries I would turn right and I would be on Saucciehall Street? How far along is the Garage? It's weird that I've been going to the Barrowlands since 1992, but I've never been to the Garage.
Yes it is
The buchannan galleries is at the corner of sauchiehall and buchannan streets. You head up sauchiehall passing ann summers :D and later hmv on the right hand side. Keep going along past the pedestrian precint of the street. Eventually you will see the garage it has a yellow truck above its door on the right hand side coming from the galleries. It is almost at charing cross and the M8. Hope that helps. If in doubt ask a student they will know exactly where it is :D.

More bad news. I see that there is some douchebag DJ starting at 11pm at the Garage on July 1 - does this mean a short Anthrax set in order for the gear to get broken down before this twat can play some shitty records? Somebody please tell me there is more than one hall at the Garage.