Glenn Danzig

Wolff

New Metal Member
May 9, 2001
Another genius who should have stopped long ago.

I forgive him thou because of his work with Misfits, Samhain, and ultimately Danzig.

First 4 albums were brilliant, the 5th one was "interesting" the 6th one utter crap.

Ahh, I wonder if you've heard Black Aria.

His music meant a lot to me, especially when I was dealing with a very hostile environment while growing up.

No one, and not even Opeth, could touch my inner soul like Glenn; that's why he is a genius.

Considering three of my nine tattos are misfits tattoos, I have to agree that I do like his stuff. Still, if you knew half of the shit I've been told about him by various members of the Misfits over the years...geez! He definitely is a man without a country right now; no one seems to like him anymore because he owes everyone $$$...LOL

Black Aria is a mighty, MIGHTY CD!! As usual, great stuff goes unnoticed!

Bottom line: The Misfits stuff with Glenn blows that new shit out of the water!!

I don't listen to anything Jerry Only and company have to say about Glenn. They were a bunch of followers who were riding Glenn's back; couldn't write a song if their lives depended on it.

Glenn went on to greater things with Samhain and ultimately Danzig, Misfits stalled.

Such a shame b/c Misfits were one of the best punk bands in the 70's. I got the Misfits Coffin Box btw.

Never was I a Danzig fan. Just could never get it.

Didn't he play in Alice Coopers band for a bit? Not sure - just a recollection.

Originally posted by metalmancpa
Never was I a Danzig fan. Just could never get it.

Didn't he play in Alice Coopers band for a bit? Not sure - just a recollection.
You're thinking of Kane Roberts from Alice's band.

Originally posted by Wolff
I don't listen to anything Jerry Only and company have to say about Glenn. They were a bunch of followers who were riding Glenn's back; couldn't write a song if their lives depended on it.

Glenn went on to greater things with Samhain and ultimately Danzig, Misfits stalled.

Such a shame b/c Misfits were one of the best punk bands in the 70's. I got the Misfits Coffin Box btw.

Yeah, I totally agree about the song writing; shit, that's obvious! Glenn is, and always has been, very prolific as a song writer.

Samhain wasn't all that great to me. I saw them in '85 here in Chicago, but I thought his Misfits stuff was his zenith. Still, a lot better than some of the crap out at the time, that's for sure.

I'll never forget seeing Danzing open for Slayer (HUGE mistake) back in '88, and all of these people were wearng Samhain and misfits shirts. When he started "crooning," people just fucking booed and threw shit at him. The morons obviously didn't get it, but, then again, NO BAND survives on the same bill with Slayer (at least not back then). Still, Danzig's first three CD's are majestic!

Yeah, I got the box when it came out...got lucky enough to get it signed too.

I agree this man is a genius, the first Danzig album really helped point me in the right direction for the music I now listen too. Satans Child was not the greatest album but I still enjoy a few songs on occasion.

Originally posted by Wolff
Ahh, I wonder if you've heard Black Aria.

His music meant a lot to me, especially when I was dealing with a very hostile environment while growing up.

No one, and not even Opeth, could touch my inner soul like Glenn; that's why he is a genius.

Yeah, I have heard it, but I can't say it touches my inner soul.

But I believe you and I have different tastes (you're not a fan of Katatonia's LFDGD, if I remember)