Glenn, please bring or bring back these bands to the fest!!!!!!

templeofmax

Aug 13, 2009
Balance of Power
Angel Dust reunion (hell yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!)
Dream Evil
Labyrinth (perfect mix of power and prog)
Cloudscape
Porcupine Tree
Anathema (Long shot, but as of late, they has been more progressive and much softer)
Running Wild
Grave Digger (please pretty please, Glenn, get them to PPUSA soon!!!!!!)
Stormwitch
Insania
OSI
Nevermore
King's X
Artension

...and of course...Threshold, Shadow Gallery (if they had one performance, let this be it as a tribute) and at last the mighty Vanden Plas once again!!!!

Balance of Power
Angel Dust reunion (hell yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!)
Dream Evil
Labyrinth (perfect mix of power and prog)
Cloudscape
Porcupine Tree
Anathema (Long shot, but as of late, they has been more progressive and much softer)
Running Wild
Stormwitch
Insania
OSI
Nevermore
King's X
Artension

Back to? only two of those bands have ever played PPUSA. I think you can pretty much write off Nevermore after canceling twice... OSI, Porcupine Tree, Kings X? hmmm in my opinion not PPUSA bands, and PT tours more than any band on that list. Anyways I am sure Glen likes your enthusiasm

Bear

Well, let me say first of all that I think Glenn is doing an AWESOME job and hope the festival keeps going and going and going. Also, my number 1 request would have been Seventh Wonder, so I couldn't possibly be happier right now. I thought I'd never get a chance to see them.

That being said, I was looking down templeofmax's list there, and I do like the Cloudscape and Porcupine Tree requests. Porcupine Tree would be an odd pick for the festival, and I think every year needs one of those. I LOVED Riverside last year - to me it was really nice to take a little breather from all the heavy stuff and just be hypnotized for a little while. Don't get me wrong, I love metal, but almost every year I've started feeling like I need a break around the 4th band each evening, and a band like Porcupine Tree would be great for that purpose.

I am with you on this one, but unfortuantely I don't believe Glenn is a fan of Grave Digger (thought I heard that on here somewhere previously). Not saying it would never happen, but if Glenn's the one doing all the hard work for the festival, he's probably going to stick to bands he likes. Not to mention, as much as I like Grave Digger, they did a one-off in NYC a year or two ago and barely had 100 people there. Maybe we would get them in a 3rd level spot in another year, but right now Glenn's probably looking for bands with more drawing potential.

Also, I believe Running Wild's last show ever was Wacken. They are now defunct as I understand it, so that's probably a big negative for them, although I to would have loved to have seen them before they called it quits.

Most of these bands have never been to PP before, but perhaps you meant bring them back to the US? I believe most of them have been here to the states before in one capacity or another.

Love the ideas of Dream Evil and Porcupine Tree though! :headbang:

Here are mine....

LEading the List is

Cloudscape
Porcupine Tree
Wiszdomstone
KIlling Touch
Falconer

And leading the return list is...
Savatage-Reunion
Sabaton

Savatage reunion of course....and Falconer!!!!!! Yes, what I emant was some bands back to PPUSA, hence my addition of VP and Threshold!!!!

Also, I believe Running Wild's last show ever was Wacken. They are now defunct as I understand it, so that's probably a big negative for them, although I to would have loved to have seen them before they called it quits.

This statement however sad it may be, is in fact true! :cry:

I LOVE Running Wild, and never got the chance to see them live. I'm not expecting it, but if there is one man here in the States that could make a Running Wild reunion show happen somewhere down the line, it would be Glenn!

A toast and a tear to the mighty RUNNING WILD! :kickass:

I would like to see
Silent Force
Pink Cream 69, come back

and
Heavenly
Dreamland
I think if Heaven's Gate got back together like Conception did at ppusa 6 it would be cool.

My top votes to please bring to Progpower are

1 FALCONER
2. MASTERPLAN
3. AXEL RUDI PELL
4. DREAM EVIL
5. KILLING TOUCH
6. FREQUENCY
7. WISZDOMSTONE

Now, I'm probably in the minority here, but my favs at PP tend to be the actual PROG bands, or the ones that will deviate occasionally off of 4/4, continuous double-kick beats, screams/cookie monster vocals, and formulaic arrangements. I loved DSO and Orphaned Land for this reason alone (something a little different). For a festival named Prog Power, it is typically dominated by power metal rather that progressive rock/metal - which is FINE. Glenn does a fabulous job of gathering a variety of talent from around the world and it happens to be that the people who attend PP tend to be more into power metal, which I will again repeat is FINE.

Bottom line is I suggest more prog bands rather than more power metal.

If anything, maybe a prog night and a power metal night.

The one band that i would love to see return is Threshold! They put on an amazing performance 2 years ago. Here's hoping for a new album with Damian on vocals:kickass:

Hey Shane; how about a headline Showcase spot?:Smokin:

My top votes to please bring to Progpower are

1 FALCONER
2. MASTERPLAN
3. AXEL RUDI PELL
4. DREAM EVIL
5. KILLING TOUCH
6. FREQUENCY
7. WISZDOMSTONE

Hell would have to freeze over for ARP to play in the US. Glenn hates Dream Evil. I just hope for Therion with the Atlanta Symphony's string section.