Glitch in I am

Disconouny

Dec 1, 2011
Canada
www.ofdoom.info
Hey!

I don't know if I'm the only one but I bought the last albums on iTunes Canada.... and there's a glitch in the song I am at around 6:30... I mailed itunes and had redownloaded the song once again just to be sure and I still have the same glitch... but got the same glitch...

So I was wondering if I was the only one and what could I do!!!! :\

It's in the compression, it's really subtle but it tears off my ears :)

I emailed iTunes again, I hope they can do something about it..

I knew I had to buy that CD in real life... :) I always do that but I just NEEDED it now... he he he I couldn't wait for a week or two :)

I put my iTunes version on my dropbox, maybe you could listen to it and tell me I'm not crazy....

[Moderator: because BM posted the teaser clip with the same sound, I am removing this link to a download of the full song]

I'll remove it tomorrow...

I listened again but on my PC, maybe it was my Mac but here we go again, that 'blurp' right after he says 'I'm the Father' at 6:30...

argh,,,,

Nway, thanks, maybe I'm insane after all :)

"I am the Father of Lights, watch me put on a show"
The "Watch me put on a show" is sung quicker than the first part, I guess I can see how you could potentially mistake that for a glitch?

I know one time I bought Rob Rock's "Holy Hell" on iTunes when it first came out, and at the beginning of each song there was a sound hiccup, where the song would start, play for 2 seconds, then stop for a nano second and continue. I emailed iTunes and never heard back from them. I then emailed Rob Rock. He said "Holy Hell is on itunes? I hope I get paid for it!". I ended up download a pirate copy to get a better version. Eventually I bought the physical CD.

Maybe it is intentional, but it doesn't sound like it. I don't know what speakers yall use to listen to it. I use a home stereo system and that part just seems to hit a whole other frequency lol. I don't know how many of you know what a cassette tape is (lol) for those who do, that lil split second of that sounds kinda like when you hit rewind while the tape is playing. Maybe it is supposed to be there though, but it definently stands out and sounds like a part within the mixing skipped or something. It doesn't break the song, but I, (like the OP) definently noticed it and thought it was some kind of glitch thing.

OP, I have a copy ordered from Ulterium and mine does exactly the same thing. Funny that I never noticed it before, but now that you pointed it out, it's clear as day. Exactly at 6:30, it's like a burp or a short dog bark sound. I can't imagine that's intentional. Since so many people here don't hear it on theirs (and it's crystal clear on mine), I'm guessing only some have the glitch.

Or maybe it's Truman the cat and only some of us are awesome enough to have the Truman version :headbang:

It sounds like a voice saying "Wa" really quick. Could be a scratch track or sliver of audio left on an open track during mixdown that should have been deleted. With all the vocals Matt has going on in all these songs it's probably very difficult to keep track of it all. What surprises me is the mastering dude missed it, especially since he's a big name and that's his job.

It is layered. He is saying "lights" and "watch" at the exact same time, on the exact same note, in two overlapping tracks.