Glitch plugins for mac?

Feb 18, 2011
Anyone know of any good glitch plugins for mac? i heard dblue glitch is pretty good but its a windows only unit. im trying to get some glitches like joey sturgis does in the new woe is me album. let me know thanks

Sixstringmayhem said:
Anyone know of any good glitch plugins for mac? i heard dblue glitch is pretty good but its a windows only unit. im trying to get some glitches like joey sturgis does in the new woe is me album. let me know thanks

Joey didn't do Woe. It was Chango and Joey mastered. Anyways... Izotope stutter or cut it by hand

really?
i didnt know joey didnt do the recordings for them. i thought it sounded slightly different from his usual stuff. is izotope stutter pretty practical? i would just like to get some stutters placed in some of my guitar stuff. if izotopes stutter can do that without a hassle ill def give it a try.

really?
i didnt know joey didnt do the recordings for them. i thought it sounded slightly different from his usual stuff. is izotope stutter pretty practical? i would just like to get some stutters placed in some of my guitar stuff. if izotopes stutter can do that without a hassle ill def give it a try.

practicality is in the ear of the beholder. :loco:

do it by hand... it's even more practical and it's f-r-e-e !

really?

Joey mastered it

are there any threads showing how to do it by hand in logic? im not familiar with the process

I'm not familiar with Logic, but I'd take a stab in the dark and say you could change your grid settings to like 1/32, snapping enabled, and split the part up how you want it to stutter. I tried this for the first time the other day just for shits and giggles in Reaper.

automation, pitch in , pitch out, cut->fade->cut->fade......You can also use a flanger or stuff on that stutter track to get it a bit more digital sounding

Hey could you explain this with just a tad more detail? it sounds like the right path for me,
also ill try the snap to grid thing

I messed around with izotope stutter for a while and im just not getting it. i cant just get a clean stutter effect on the guitar part that i want cause there's so much other stuff thrown in that program

sorry for the triple post lol. i feel like like all the stutters done in woe is me werent done by hand theres just so many of them. kaoss pad?

I use a Mini KP for stutters sometimes. Works well a KP3 I'm sure is even better, but they also have that new Kaoss Pad Quad that looks even simpler and is cheaper than the KP3m. Maybe something to consider if you can test it out somewhere.

i will bet money that all the "stutter" on the guitars and vocals are all done by hand... there are also a lot of vari-fi tape stops on that record which were also (obviously) done by hand.

you have a lot more control when doing the edits by hand. also, it's very ...VERY simple (that's why it can be over-done). stutters can be achieved several ways in pro tools ...(which is what cameron uses).

- voice stealing
- gate sidechain
- editing regions on the grid
- automating mutes and/or volume

it's really all about arrangement. if you put the effect in the "wrong" place ...it's going to sound stupid. if you don't know what you are doing (in terms of editing) it can seem like a daunting task to hand edit certain effects into audio regions. but i can assure you, if you are using logic... you are in the perfect environment to administer these types of edits and effects. example: logic's hypereditor was designed for electronic musicians that want to make controllable micro edits without over-using plug-in parameters and automation lanes.

it just takes a lot of practice/experience and some creativity to get the sound you are looking for.

i will bet money that all the "stutter" on the guitars and vocals are all done by hand... there are also a lot of vari-fi tape stops on that record which were also (obviously) done by hand.

you have a lot more control when doing the edits by hand. also, it's very ...VERY simple (that's why it can be over-done). stutters can be achieved several ways in pro tools ...(which is what cameron uses).

- voice stealing
- gate sidechain
- editing regions on the grid
- automating mutes and/or volume

it's really all about arrangement. if you put the effect in the "wrong" place ...it's going to sound stupid. if you don't know what you are doing (in terms of editing) it can seem like a daunting task to hand edit certain effects into audio regions. but i can assure you, if you are using logic... you are in the perfect environment to administer these types of edits and effects. example: logic's hypereditor was designed for electronic musicians that want to make controllable micro edits without over-using plug-in parameters and automation lanes.

it just takes a lot of practice/experience and some creativity to get the sound you are looking for.

you seem to know what your talking about. thanks for all the info, im going to be slaving over different meathods of creating sutters in logic for probably next few days so i can get a feel for it. im actually glad these are probably done by hand, it shows the engineer actually worked at the sounds, not just press a button. also im not familiar with a Vari-fi tape stop? what is that

you seem to know what your talking about. thanks for all the info, im going to be slaving over different meathods of creating sutters in logic for probably next few days so i can get a feel for it. im actually glad these are probably done by hand, it shows the engineer actually worked at the sounds, not just press a button. also im not familiar with a Vari-fi tape stop? what is that

in logic it's call "speed fades"

and to do a stutter all you do is make a manual cut where you want the stutter to happen (at the length you want it to be, 8th, 16th, etc) and then copy and paste that part on the grid.. usually in quantities of 4. make sure you do 10ms fade in/fade out on each part so you don't get clicks or pops

Last edited by a moderator:
thats so sick. i thought it took alot more work to do a speed fade. thanks alot for the videos guys i really appreciate it. also do you guys know if there are any videos on making a stutter the way you described? i think i get what your saying but im not completely clear on it. thanks again