Glitchcore - saffire 6 test (le456, slate/sturgis)

the only thing that does not sound good is the double bass part IMHO
hits are too hard, sound slike a MG.

everything else is really nice!

cheers
S.

:OMG:I really like this.

Everything sits so well.

How do you achieve those glitch sounds? Is it as simple as just cutting out parts of the guitar track? I want to learn how to do this for future projects. :kickass:

Cool song and I really like how the bass and guitars sit together! can you share any tips on how you managed to achieve this?

I soloed the guitars and bass and just tried fitting the bass in where the guitars left off. Really it was just a lot of trial and error going through and trying a bunch of different amp sims, impulses, and eq settings until you find something that fits the way you want it to

How's the latency on the saffire 6? I've never had a usb interface before.

Its not terrible. I probably could have messed with the asio settings some more to get it down, but i think i was recording around 7-10ms latency.

:OMG:I really like this.

Everything sits so well.

How do you achieve those glitch sounds? Is it as simple as just cutting out parts of the guitar track? I want to learn how to do this for future projects. :kickass:

Its all cut up by hand. Some parts had segments cut out and others were a piece cut out then repeated a bunch. Oh, and automated reapitch for the drops

really cool sound!
link to us full track:)

Thats all there was to it. It was just a test not an actual song.
EDIT: If I have some free time this weekend I might add more to it to make it into a full song, but we'll see i guess

On a side note le456.ca has nothing to do with the amp sim, but is instead a Canadian gay bar. It took me going through 3 or 4 pages of half naked dudes to finally realize that. :confused:
not awesome

This is a sick sounding track, but I wouldn't personally call it 'glitchcore'. To me this is just metalcore with more frequent stutters. That said, the snare is just a bit too loud, I think. Everything else sounds fine to me.