Glitchy Shit

NSGUITAR

Oct 26, 2009
I've been looking for a program that most people use to create cool stuff in their songs.. K bye thanks guys!

Kidding

What I'm looking for is a program that allows me to create glitchy sounds in a song... Like when the entire song's pitch does a melt down effect..

Here's an example of the glitchy sounds I like:

and here's the meltdown thing I'm talkin about at 1:27:

The way I've been trying to do the melt down thing is just putting a shift pitcher on the master track and enabling it only for the section I want it to melt down for via envelopes.

I know there's a program out there that does it! Suggestions? =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Google GLITCH VST

illformed
the current version is free, since I still consider it to be a prototype, but future versions will not be.

Google GLITCH VST

illformed
the current version is free, since I still consider it to be a prototype, but future versions will not be.

Thanks brudro!

I'm going to test it out. Is this what the majority of people use for this sound?

The red chord one is just a pitch shift down.
Easy enough to do.

Only problem i have had with doing it is finding a pitch shifter that didn't colour the whole mix.

I usually do glitchy stuff by slicing it up real tiny and pitching it and maybe eqing it a bit(real big narrow boosts etc, so it sounds unnatrual)

anybody know where I can find a decent tutorial for this Glitch Vst?

if you play something like 3 seconds with it, you'll figure it out. The grey squares are steps, you can change those to be longer/shorter, and colour as you please, each color is an effect. It's a cool program, but sometimes doing it by hand gets you closer to what you want.