Glorytapper

OrionAncient

New Metal Member
Dec 26, 2015
This is my first post, but right after this I will be finding the introduction pages or whatever you guys have to you know, introduce myself. Ive browsed the forum for awhile now, but have never bothered to sign up.

I figured this was the most appropriate place to link this video. I have been doing this thing I simple call "tapping" for a little over 15 years. Ive cataloged at least 100+ distinct rhythms possible, but there are many more.

Simply put tapping, is tapping to music. Either to a beat or rhythm that already exists, or creating a new one that is harmonious to the music, like adding an extra instrument.

It can be hard to do, especially at many of the higher tempo songs and rhythms. Ive tapped to just about any genre of music out there, but the best is power metal, because it presents a challenge.

In the video I have linked is me merely showing the speed that can be achieved while both tapping to the actual drums, and showing that one can purposely tap at a faster speed then the present songs speed, and still achieve rhythm.

I will be hosting new videos, instructions, and the "lore" of tapping in the future.
First and foremost, it is fun, and a great stress reliever.

Stay Metal.

Interesting, I sit at my office desk at work doing this all the time and piss off half my co-workers lol.

Yes. I find myself frequently tapping either foot or hand or simultaneously to music in my head at work. People sometimes get annoyed, but it's like, I just want to tell them how can you not hear the music ?

Yes. I find myself frequently tapping either foot or hand or simultaneously to music in my head at work. People sometimes get annoyed, but it's like, I just want to tell them how can you not hear the music ?
On the train ride to and from work when I'm listening to fast double kick music. Literally sounds like a machine gun from my feet tapping on the floor. Seriously I end up with the entire carriage to myself.

On the train ride to and from work when I'm listening to fast double kick music. Literally sounds like a machine gun from my feet tapping on the floor. Seriously I end up with the entire carriage to myself.

Yes. This. The best results are this when in public or at work. I was gonna say the same thing. A machine gun or a jackhammer. Lol