sweeping with tapping

seedsofvengeance

New Metal Member
Mar 24, 2006
hey guys ive been playing gutar for about 5 years and been sweeping for about a whole year now and i can do it pretty well.. i can play selkies and alaska by btbam and fire an ice by yngwie and the main lick of arpeggios from hell and ive written some of my own....my next venture is to learn how to incorporate tapping into my sweep solos, but i have no clue what the point of it is really and i dont understand it. i cant find any tabs where tapping is incorporated to learn how to do so...do any of you know any tabs i can learn which would teach me how to do this?? thanks alot!
kris

well i know a song that has sweep tapping, Sea of Lies by Symphony X. There is a guitar pro tab out there so you can take a look at it, and start from there. Im sure there are lessons out there on sweep tapping too

The guitar solo from Fermented Offal Discharge ( by Necrophagist ) uses sweep tapping.

It's a way to extend the sweep arpeggio up, to give it an 'uppercut' effect. If you are playing an Am sweep in E Standard, you'd just play the sweep as normal and tap on the high E string at the 17th fret.