GMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 2014

Looks like the other art shows up because that one was the initial release's art which was a digital release at first. All physical copies have different art.

4) Desecration of the Five Holy Pillars by Svolder
Bring to shambles the backwards land we live in...
R-5917485-1453871092-3198.jpeg.jpg

"Well, this Svolder album should counter that accidental ISIS propaganda video I watched the other day :lol:"@rms

"Svolder - Desecration of the Five Holy Pillars ... Canadian GBK. So good." @Slayed Necros

"Bands like Svolder, GBK, and Arghoslent just rock, that's it." @Krow

Chosen By:
@Anom@nder Rake (#4)
@Slayed Necros (#4)
@Vegard Pompey (#5)
@no country for old wainds
@Phylactery

TOTAL POINTS: 31

Last edited:
Yeah pretty sure. There might also be a second variant for the physical copies though. I'd say go with that one, since it's the physical copy's art. Seems more legit somehow, now that I know the other art was on the initial Bandcamp release only.

3) In a Mirror Darkly by Mekong Delta
A world in my hand, controls are set for the end...
R-5660896-1399223648-7679.jpeg.jpg

"Mekong Delta has had one of the most potent comebacks in the genre by far."@Talos of Atmora

"Mekong Delta and Paradox are still releasing some decent material" @Baroque

"I love experimental, harsh, or dissonant stuff like Mekong Delta[/QUOTE] @H.P. Lovecraft"

Chosen By:
@Talos of Atmora (#1)
@HamburgerBoy (#1)
@Burkhard (#3)
@Baroque (#6)

TOTAL POINTS: 33

Reactions: Baroque
2) Promulgation of the Fall by Dead Congregation
Burning all that is conscious and real...
a1290004267_16.jpg

"Other than Promulgation of the Fall, Beyond's Fatal Power of Death is my favourite modern death metal release."
@Slayed Necros

"a demonstration of pure song writing prowess" @Pitiless Wanderer

"Promulgation of the Fall is a step backwards and still is better than everything Immolation has done from Harnessing Ruin onward." @Mort Divine

"Promulgation of the Fall into Serpentskin absolutely rules" @Jimmy... Dead.

"I prefer Graves of the Archangels to Promulgation of the Fall. Still, that fucking transition from the title track to Serpenstkin is fucking great."
@EspaDa

Chosen By:
@Slayed Necros (#1)
@Krow (#1)
@Anom@nder Rake (#3)
@TechnicalBarbarity (#6)
@-CyanideChrist- (#9)
@no country for old wainds
@Phylactery

TOTAL POINTS: 46

1) Slave to the Sword by Exmortus
With my sword in hand, I shall conquer all the land...
a3019248676_5.jpg

"If you want neoclassical virtuosity, nothing comes close to Slave to the Sword." @Baroque

"Anyone who genuinely believes that crap like The Lord of Steel and Louder Than Hell is better than In Hatred's Flame and Slave to the Sword may as well be deaf."
@Talos of Atmora

"While i heavily favor their debut, all three albums are great. One of the best "modern" thrash bands around, without a doubt."
@TechnicalBarbarity

"God I love this fucking band "Slave to the Sword" was easily one of my top 10 albums of the year in 2014. The song Warrior of the Night is fucking amazing!" @Systematic Riffage

"Im never big on thrash, but that Exmortus album fucking rips."
@Krow

Chosen By:
@Baroque (#1)
@zerostatic (#1)
@TechnicalBarbarity (#2)
@Burkhard (#4)

@Systematic Riffage (#5)
@Slammed (#5)
@Talos of Atmora (#5)

TOTAL POINTS: 54