• ...And Justice For All

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EspaDa

Damage Case
Nov 1, 2012
Hovering Lifeless
As everyone knows, 'One' was eliminated in the previous round. Two first songs of the album remain. Vote for the song you like more.

Tracklist:

1. Blackened
2. …And Justice for All
3. Eye of the Beholder
4. One

5. The Shortest Straw
6. Harvester of Sorrow
7. The Frayed Ends of Sanity
8. To Live Is to Die
9. Dyers Eve

This pole will stay open for 5 days. May the greatest track win.

Hail @Baroque.

You didn't make the votes public, you moron. This is what happens when you try to usurp Baroque.

Anyway, I voted for Blackened, probably my favorite Metallica song.

'blackened' for me, magnificently bleak and vivid and comparatively to-the-point. the title track is great for the most part but also epitomises that album's worst qualities; too much bloat and meandering, too much calculation (especially in that drum pattern), dumb solo etc

I voted for the title track, but what sick fuck would eliminate One? It's the best Metallica song IMO.

I voted for the title track, but what sick fuck would eliminate One? It's the best Metallica song IMO.
Nah - it's good, but one of the least "quintessential" of their early songs. Deep prog compositions aren't their forte.

I voted Blackened. Agree with most of the pro-Blackened comments above.

Nah - it's good, but one of the least "quintessential" of their early songs. Deep prog compositions aren't their forte.

I voted Blackened. Agree with most of the pro-Blackened comments above.

It is somewhat deviant from Metallica's standards, possibly even ahead of time in its level of contrast and texture. It's a very emotionally powerful track to me. I'm not the biggest Metallica fan, and I actually prefer their softer and more textured songs, my favorites being One, Sanitarium, and Orion...

I'm not the biggest Metallica fan
Figures. You're basically holding Metallica to alt rock standards, which doesn't make sense for early Metallica. You can get that stuff from plenty of other bands.

Sanitarium is one of my least favorite of their early tracks. So weak.

Okay, so 'Blackened' has won. It's the best song of ...and Justice for All according to this board.

To be honest, it was no deal for me whether Blackened or the title track won. Both are perfect.

One ... Deep prog composition

Sanitarium ... So weak.

giphy.gif