G'N'R

wdiv

Rattlehead
May 28, 2004
US
Anybody actually seen the current GNR tour? They're passing thru next week & I was trying to call in & win tickets from one of the local radio stations. Don't think I'm willing to go buy a ticket though...

they'll wind up canceling the show anyways..... see Blabbermouth

Correct. That's what concerns me is that Axl is still a loose cannon despite him being a thing of the past. I'd be more interested if he humbled himself and acutally issued new music... They'll be in Portland in December. Who knows I may or may not attend, right now I'm thinking no...

Correct. That's what concerns me is that Axl is still a loose cannon despite him being a thing of the past. I'd be more interested if he humbled himself and acutally issued new music... They'll be in Portland in December. Who knows I may or may not attend, right now I'm thinking no...

just go. thats the first gig guns n roses cancelled this tour and it was because axl didn't get what he was promised at first. the couldn't use the pyro and then were told no drinking onstage. i remember in the late 80's guns n roses cancelled a few gigs because geffen records wouldn't let a none geffen signed band open up for them. geffen knew any band opening for guns n roses would get a huge album sales boost. i think axl wanted faster pussycat and jetboy for various shows and geffen said no.

just go. thats the first gig guns n roses cancelled this tour and it was because axl didn't get what he was promised at first. the couldn't use the pyro and then were told no drinking onstage. i remember in the late 80's guns n roses cancelled a few gigs because geffen records wouldn't let a none geffen signed band open up for them. geffen knew any band opening for guns n roses would get a huge album sales boost. i think axl wanted faster pussycat and jetboy for various shows and geffen said no.
I might attend and take my kid with me.
One show that I will be attending is The Rockstar Supernova Tour, that is if it isn't cancelled due to poor ticket sales. The album is coming 11.21.06 I got the advance coming next week. I'm just curious, plus I love the work of producer Butch Walker who used to be the guitarists for South Gang from ATL. Plus I'm a fan of Dave Navarro's work with the Chilli Peepers and Jane's Addction, I have heard Panic Cell and I might change my mind on them once I hear them live.

So let me get this straight.
He dumped Sebastian Bach for a strip show?!
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/From: Blabbermouth SUICIDE GIRLS Burlesque Group To Open For GUNS N' ROSES - Nov. 11, 2006 According to SuicideGirls.com, the the tattooed and pierced rock 'n' roll chicks from the SUICIDE GIRLS post-feminist version of a burlesque group will open for GUNS N' ROSES on the following dates:

Nov. 13 - Baltimore, MD - 1st Mariner Arena
Nov. 15 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Center
Nov. 17 - Ottawa, ON - Scotiabank Place
Nov. 18 - Quebec, QC - Colisee Pepsi
Nov. 20 - Halifax, NS - Halifax Metro Center
Nov. 24 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena
Nov. 25 - Auburn Hills, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills
Nov. 27 - Des Plaines, IL - Allstate Arena
Nov. 29 - Milwaukee, WI - Bradley Center
Dec. 01 - Ames, IA - Hilton Coliseum
Dec. 02 - Minneapolis, MN - Target Center
Dec. 04 - Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre
Dec. 06 - Calgary, AB - Pengrowth Saddledome
Dec. 07 - Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place
Dec. 10 - Everett, WA - Everett Events Center
Dec. 11 - Portland, OR - Rose Garden Arena
Dec. 13 - Fresno, CA - Save Mart Center at Fresno
Dec. 15 - Oakland, CA - Oracle Arena (formerly Oakland Arena)
Dec. 17 - Universal City, CA - Gibson Amphitheatre
Dec. 19 - Universal City, CA - Gibson Amphitheatre
Dec. 20 - Universal City, CA - Gibson Amphitheatre

Does anyone really cae anymore? Ive grown so sick and tired of Guns And Roses I can barly even listen to any of their songs when they come on the radio ,most of the time I change it.

whose left in GnR other then Axl? if it is just Axl as original band member then it's not GnR anymore just Axl Solo project... Imo

too g'n'f'n'right. it's a totally new line up, again, even that muppet with the KFC bucket has gone!. a name change is in order, 'Wilted Rose' maybe?

Does anyone really cae anymore? Ive grown so sick and tired of Guns And Roses I can barly even listen to any of their songs when they come on the radio ,most of the time I change it.

Do I care?! Well, not really I think I stopped caring when the line-up started leaving. Would I pick up the record?! Yes. I'm curious about what the end result will sound like. I will pick up the album, I'm just not holding mt breath on it being as "epic" as Axl says...

I love Guns 'N Roses no matter what, is there a pittsburgh date coming on that tour? I'd be interested in attending, and even though I know it's not going to happen a reunion would bring me almost as much joy as Cliff Burton coming back to life. Like I said, they both have equal chances of happening. XD

GnR. A band that had the potential to be the next Rolling Stones. Now, they're just an irrelevant 80's band with some popular radio songs.

Like Metallica, they squandered something great, and now they're just an afterthought.

From the little I've heard of Chinese Democracy (and I've heard VERY little), I am not expecting much. I'll d/l it to see if it's any good.

Steve in Philly

Darkone is right., I wont even download it. I listen for both the singles that eventually end up hitting the radio.Eventually. I remember Oh My God from End OF Days soundtrack, that was terrible and when they played at the MTV video awards Axl was outta breath and sounded terrible in the middle of the first song, Gilby Clarke looked gay and Buckethead was under utilized. Thank god he left because he was wasting his talents there. Poor Slash , he should just start the SNake Pit up again. VR sounds terrible with Scott.

GnR. A band that had the potential to be the next Rolling Stones. Now, they're just an irrelevant 80's band with some popular radio songs.

Like Metallica, they squandered something great, and now they're just an afterthought.

From the little I've heard of Chinese Democracy (and I've heard VERY little), I am not expecting much. I'll d/l it to see if it's any good.

Steve in Philly

I see it as two different bands really.
The Axl band and the real band.
I see what you mean about them having the potential of being as legendary as The Stones...
I think Metallica could still make nice with the fans with the new album, even though they haven't put out anything in the thrash vein since '88...

Darkone is right., I wont even download it. I listen for both the singles that eventually end up hitting the radio.Eventually. I remember Oh My God from End OF Days soundtrack, that was terrible and when they played at the MTV video awards Axl was outta breath and sounded terrible in the middle of the first song, Gilby Clarke looked gay and Buckethead was under utilized. Thank god he left because he was wasting his talents there. Poor Slash , he should just start the SNake Pit up again. VR sounds terrible with Scott.

gilby clarke has not been in guns n roses since about 1995 at the latest. he was not playing with them that year at the 2002 mtv video awards

GNR had the two new songs on the radio this summer & I thought they were actually going to put the album out finally, but it's still not released. I saw that it was *promised* to be released by end of this year... maybe they're trying to cash in on Christmas somehow. Chinese Democracy has got to be one of the biggest debacles going... will be interesting to hear it when it finally arrives, but based on the songs that were released this summer, I can't imagine it being very good.