Who heard the new Guns N' Roses song?

RedBarchetta

New Metal Member
Aug 30, 2003
Visit site
I am a long time reader and first time poster.

This thread is not meant to stir up any debates on the current state of Guns N' Roses. I am posting this because, as rumor has it, last night during The Eddie Trunk Show (on KNAC), Mike Piazza brought in a CD which contained a leaked song from the long awaited GNR album-Chinese Democracy. This song is not any of the new songs that they played during any of their most recent tour. The song has not been heard by anybody (anybody that isn't tightly involved with the GNR project) and was sent to Piazza in the mail by an anonymous fan. The rumor was later confirmed today on Eddie Trunk's official site. He posted the following:

"Well what can I say, another huge news making show this past Friday! Mike Piazza returned as our in studio co-host, and came in with a surprise, new Guns & Roses! The reaction since we premiered the new song IRS has been unreal. Mike (who has always been a huge G&R fan) received the CD anonymously in his fan mail. Leave it to the co-host to once again come through big time with a tremendous exclusive! I have been hammered by people looking for copies and to hear it again. For obvious reasons I will not be posting it or giving it to anybody, and more than likely, will not be able to play it again. But for those that caught it, thanks for listening. Like I always say, you never know what's going to happen on the show! This is just another reason why you should be hammering your local stations to carry my show live. It is available anywhere in the US. Your voice counts! If you don't get the show, tell your local stations program directors you want it!! Piazza hung out for a couple hours, and the always hysterical Jim Breuer dropped by after a Metallica club show. Just a great way to kick off the labor day weekend. A great mix of music, talk and giveaways, and of course, exclusive music!"

The reason I posted this hear is because i, along with many other GNR fans have been eagerly awaiting this album for about six years. Eddie Trunk has already stated that he will not play the song again due to the chance of a lawsuit being pinned on him by the GNR camp. This site is where many rock fans gather so I am wondering if anybody here actually got the chance to hear the song and if so, how did it sound and did you happen to record it? Thanks.