God damn I need to unplug

Metaltastic

Feb 20, 2005
In my continuing search for a job, today I took the Putnam County Civil Service exam for the typist and clerk positions (hey, you gotta start somewhere, and each pays ~$31k annually, which I could live with at my age - and these days :erk: ); the minimum WPM for the typist part of the exam was 35 with 5 errors, and as you type faster, your max allowable errors of course increases. Now, I thought I would get around 40 or 50, but behold:

DSC00752.jpg

Computer-addict status confirmed :lol: And I got a 93 on the clerk part of the test; if only these types of things were required for all jobs, I'd be set! :cry:

EDIT: And the format was reading text in a box in the top-half of the screen and transcribing it out exactly in a blank box in the bottom-half, so all touch-typing :cool:

Nice work! I think I only got about 84 or so when I when I was at the job agency 4 years ago. That keyboard was way messed up though. Felt like a few decades worth of jizz had built up in the crevices!

Thanks Ermz, these were clean thank god :yuk:

now do that while stoned

Hahaha, pretty sure that would've been disastrous :lol: Especially the clerk part, those questions were ridiculously painstaking and fatiguing; a bunch were things like "out of this row of like 25 consecutive numbers, how many times does a 6 come immediately after an even and then an odd number?", or "out of the 16 words listen below, how many can be formed from the letters in the word "Atmosphere" (for example) - I probably would've gotten most of the answers right initially if I were high, but I have a habit of obsessively doubting myself and like quadruple checking, so I think my brain would've had a melt-down :lol:

Nice work dude! I type fast, but don't use proper technique at all.

I work for the gub'ment of NJ and state jobs, while not paying very well, have excellent benefits. Good luck!

-Joe

I'm in a similar position, and that's not even close to the nerdiest of my qualifications... at some point I mentioned that in a job interview and the interviewer looked at me like I was just expecting to annoy people for a living. (Little did they know...)

Jeff

Yeah.. I'm at around 100bpm (obviously I can't keep that up all day but for those short typing tests I can).. technique is absolutely awful though. I remember doing those whack-a-mole typing games back in primary school and absolutely SUCKING. Then as soon as I started playing video games and having to type and stay alive..

Thanks Joe! Fun fact: I was the only male (and one of like 2 people under 35) in there :lol:

I'm in a similar position, and that's not even close to the nerdiest of my qualifications... at some point I mentioned that in a job interview and the interviewer looked at me like I was just expecting to annoy people for a living. (Little did they know...)

Jeff

Hahahahahahahaha, hopefully in the future you'll get hired before they catch on :D

And you type at 100 bpm, eh Morgan? Well I guess you are a drummer after all :p

I'm at 100 for extended periods and with an error count that these tests will see as 0. It is rarely useful, and I probably have the most annoyed neighbors on campus.

Jeff

great stuff - well always see it as a potential future investment. if you dont stick your foot in and do something about it your not going to get anywhere.

hence im re-writing my cv! ugh!

Don't s'pose they had you typing word lengths conducive with memos for the specially 'tarded there, Jeff?

Hahaha, I do have to admit, 132 is fucking insane; what was it you were typing?

hahahaha touché; it was some Mavis Beacon shit, where you copy a 9th graders report on Ben Franklin or the Midnight Ride of Paul Revere or some shit.