God Disease, old school death metal

Hi, right now I have really no way to listen to the track as I don't have electricity at my home (fucking electricity supplier...) and right now I write from school, but anyway it's always cool to see OSDM around here as it's not really the most praised genre on this forum!

Thanks for posting the raw tracks, the song was really cool and fun to mix too. This is my take on it, I decided to make it sound a bit dryer and more "modern" than your original mix (didn't use any drum samples at all though), all feedback is welcome:

Reactions: Jesseblast
Hey, thanks for your mixes! Apparently there's something strange going on with the bottom snare mic... :D Strange sizzling, but that's just the cheap snare. I didn't use the bottom snare almost at all probably because of that reason. Anyway good work both of you! Especially with the guitars, they were pain in the ass at least for me. :D

Glad you like our music too!

Well I can't say I'm realluy fond of the guitar tone, I had quite a hard time mixing it too!
I fyou would happen to have Di it would be very cool, but I'm quite satisfied with the mix I did even if I'd rather be able to reamp them...

Nice mix you have Julien! Maybe a bit too compressed to my taste, but otherwise very nice! :) Drums are smashing like they should be.

And sorry - no DIs for guitars :/

Sorry about the MIDIs, I don't know why they are out of sync :/ but of course you can use the original tracks for triggering purposes. I actually didn't use the recorded kick at all, quite freely just put the kick hits where ever I wanted using MIDIs :p

Nice to see you making your mixes. :D They all seems to differ quite a lot from my mix. Also very nice breathing control in your mix, Another Guitar Dude :)

Sorry about the MIDIs, I don't know why they are out of sync :/ but of course you can use the original tracks for triggering purposes. I actually didn't use the recorded kick at all, quite freely just put the kick hits where ever I wanted using MIDIs :p

Nice to see you making your mixes. :D They all seems to differ quite a lot from my mix. Also very nice breathing control in your mix, Another Guitar Dude :)
The recorded kick was quite usable though :) But it wanted a little more top end