old school death metal

You've nailed the old school deth vibe. I think you should consider replacing the kick. The vocals seem too upfront and the overheads seem a bit restrained, try coaxing a bit more power out of them. And don't search for perfection. This stuff is supposed to rattle the swinery when you blast it. :)

thanks a lot for your feedback!
i'm glad to hear that the vibe fits the music, i was somewhat unsure about it.

the kick is ca 70% replaced at the moment, but i tried to do it as naturally as possible. i don't like it when the kick overpowers the mix and sounds like an instrument by its own and not a part of the drumkit. do you think the kick needs to be more dominant in the mix?

about the vocals, are they too loud or not "glued" enough to the mix?
thanks for the hint with the overheads, i'm gonna check it!

thanks again!
cheers! :)

do you think the kick needs to be more dominant in the mix?

Not dominant, but more present. I don't know if a simple volume raise would work. If it doesn't, you can try a different sample or search and boost a top frequency that adds more "click" and sounds good to your ears. That alone could get the kick to cut through.

About the vocals, are they too loud or not "glued" enough to the mix

Tbh I'm still not sure what "glue" means (it seems really abstract), so I'd say they are a tad too in your face. Try lowering them a little, start with 2-3db, and automate the volume at the choruses and wherever you feel you need more power to them.