Old School Death Metal Mix - Heaviest I've Made

Melodeath

Moonbow
Feb 6, 2004
Northern VA
I'm mixing and mastering the third full-length of this band I've worked with in the past. This is the only song I can release at the moment, but I thought I'd let others check it out. I had no part in the recording, just the mixing, etc., and I think this is the heaviest mix I've ever created. This is old school death, and meant to sound that way, so don't go expecting something else! haha

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1579861/Decr - 03_final.mp3

Kinda cool what can be done with really cheap mics, a firepod, and a $30 Lexicon interface :lol:

This is awesome, music and mix-wise. Makes me think of Funebrarum a bit, but even more old-school sounding in the production.

Digging the low end of this mix and the dense guitars.

I love the slow doomy ending of the song. Sounds like you're automating more verb on the drums there and it works perfectly.

Oh, nice! They're like a good hour or two away from here, I think. I've chatted with Wayne before on a local TX music forum a few times. Cool guy and great band that you're working with.

I'll definitely pick this up when it's officially released.

Loving the reverb on the vocals, fucking killer job man! You know I got a raging boner for this stuff, sounds killer! :headbang:

Oh man, that break about a minute into the song, thats fucking HEAVY

Sounds awesome, but I would pan the guitars a bit more maybe. And maybe cut some around 120 on the bass, it sounds a bit boomy. I'm really digging the track btw.

The kick is slightly pumping the mix in a not-so-pleasant way to me. I think it could go down a little but everything else is perfect. I love what you did with the leads.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\m////////////////////////////////////////////

this is seriously tasty

The kick is slightly pumping the mix in a not-so-pleasant way to me. I think it could go down a little but everything else is perfect. I love what you did with the leads.
Thanks man. The kick is indeed causing pumping, and it is on purpose. I think it actually adds to the heaviness
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\m////////////////////////////////////////////

this is seriously tasty
:kickass: Thanks!