God Disease, old school death metal

Guys, have you used the bass amp track in your mixes or just the bass DI? I'm asking because I always use bass DIs by default, never recorded bass amps, and I was wondering if I should change this approach. What was your approach with the bass in this track? I just did the usual thing, two bass tracks one with lows and one with highs, put some distortion (Ignite amps) in the highs and compress both tracks.

Guys, have you used the bass amp track in your mixes or just the bass DI? I'm asking because I always use bass DIs by default, never recorded bass amps, and I was wondering if I should change this approach. What was your approach with the bass in this track? I just did the usual thing, two bass tracks one with lows and one with highs, put some distortion (Ignite amps) in the highs and compress both tracks.
Well, I used the miced Bass Track in the "high track" and i just added a little gain with another amp. I often like using miced bass tracks if they sound good :)

I didn't use the bass amp track in my mix, just the DI blended with a distorted track, I used Emissary for that. Both tracks were full range IIRC so no low/hi splits.

I originally made a "old school" mix for fun of this track, but here´s another approach as well with a bit more modern style.
Sorry for necroing this one, I´ve been intending to post this for weeks but I´ve always forgotten to do it, hah!