God Mother New Video (Party Smasher Inc)

theunknown1

Jul 28, 2011
My band, God Mother (https://www.facebook.com/godmotherband/) just released a new video for our song "Weak". It´s taken from our upcoming album "Vilseledd", out on Party Smasher Inc in October.

Everything was recorded and produced by me and then mixed and mastered by Magnus Lindberg of Cult Of Luna. It was recorded in Soundtrade Studios in Stockholm and everything is completely natural and live, no samples or editing on any instrument. Hope you like it.

Cheers!

All the best, Michael.

Last edited:
Reactions: ufomammoth
That's cool man. I'm looking forward to hear the rest of the album. Video is awesome too.

I often use Magnus Lindberg's mixes as references. Wish I could see him in action!

That's cool man. I'm looking forward to hear the rest of the album. Video is awesome too.

I often use Magnus Lindberg's mixes as references. Wish I could see him in action!

Thanks man, glad you like it!

Magnus is the best. Really great dude and easy to work with. And his work speaks for itself.

Not really into the genre (whatever genre this may be), but I really love the fact that's all "natural and live" as you wrote, is it all just one take?
BTW I hear something strange on the low end, like it's been overcompressed and it kinda distracts me from the rest...
Anyway, great job on the performance, keep doing things that way, metal (and music in general) really needs more people approaching recording with the "natural and live" attitude IMO!

Not really into the genre (whatever genre this may be), but I really love the fact that's all "natural and live" as you wrote, is it all just one take?
BTW I hear something strange on the low end, like it's been overcompressed and it kinda distracts me from the rest...
Anyway, great job on the performance, keep doing things that way, metal (and music in general) really needs more people approaching recording with the "natural and live" attitude IMO!

Thanks! I´ll guess you can call it some kind of Hardcore/Mathcore or whatever. But yes it´s all "one take". It was recorded separately but with no edits in the tracks, just one take. It was even recorded without clicktrack witch was new me as a drummer, but very happy with how it turned out.

Btw we have a studio diary up on Gear Gods from the recording, check it out here:

Cheers!

Reactions: DIYistkrieg