Just read this somewhere:

Jun 5: Nicko ‘Born Again’ McBrain.

If you’re a Maiden fan, you want to read this. If I
understand it correctly, Nicko McBrain will be leaving Iron
Maiden.

McBrain recently became a born again Christian, and is
following a greater calling. This adds to the seemingly left
of field union with former Anthrax guitarist Dan Spitz (as
reported yesterday), who also declares himself a christian.

Cross Rhythms, a UK Christian Music Resource, posted the
following article in February of this year (all quotes taken
from a Willow Creek Association News feature dated
March/April 2001)

The drummer with million-selling heavy rock band IRON
MAIDEN has become a Christian. Nicko McBrain, who
recently finished an 18-month world tour in support of the
band's ‘Brave New World’ album, is now a part of the
worship team at Spanish River Church in Florida, USA.
The 48-year-old musician became a Christian through the
witness and prayers of his wife Rebecca.

McBrain, while visiting the Spanish River Church, found
himself weeping. "I just sat there thinking, 'I didn't drink
last night…why can't I stand?' " he told Willow Creek
Association News. After praying to receive Christ, he
began to read the Bible hungrily. "I had this love affair
with Jesus going on in my heart."

An IRON MAIDEN fan became a Christian after McBrain
shared his testimony at a church sponsored coffee house.
"The way the Holy Spirit touched that room that night was
immense," McBrain said. "I've never felt that way, before
or since."

Though he has played before 250,000 people, McBrain
said he was more nervous when he began playing with the
church worship team. McBrain told the News that after
praying, he felt that he should remain with IRON MAIDEN,
but "there's a greater calling on my life." He is considering
enrolling in some seminary classes. "Without this church
and this relationship with God, I don't know where I'd be
right now. I just know that I want to be able to use my life
for God.”

Cross Rhythms editor Tony Cummings commented, "It's
wonderful news about the conversion of Nicko McBrain but
also somewhat ironic. Back in the '80s and '90s all these
books from evangelicals were appearing denouncing the
music of heavy rock bands like IRON MAIDEN, ANTHRAX
and MEGADETH as 'satanic'. Now in the last couple of
years we've seen IRON MAIDEN's Nicko McBrain,
ANTHRAX's Daniel Spitz and MEGADETH's Dave Ellefson
all become Christians! Thankfully, some Christians were
praying rather than playing the Pharisee."

After close to twenty years in Iron Maiden, could this be
the end for McBrain? Maybe it’s for the best.

Source: Blabbermouth.net

hasnt he been a christian for a few years? but nicko dont leave maiden.......

:OMG: (no pun intended)

How can we confirm whether this story is legit???

If that is what Nicko feels is best for him then good on him, but i ain't gonna believe that until its announced officially.

Just found this article on blabbermouth.

Seems like there's more to the previously-reported collaboration between former ANTHRAX guitarist Dan Spitz and IRON MAIDEN drummer Nicko McBrain than meets the eye. Cross Rhythms, a UK Christian Music Resource, posted the following article in February of this year (all quotes taken from a Willow Creek Association News feature dated March/April 2001):

The drummer with million-selling heavy rock band IRON MAIDEN has become a Christian. Nicko McBrain, who recently finished an 18-month world tour in support of the band's Brave New World album, is now a part of the worship team at Spanish River Church in Florida, USA. The 48-year-old musician became a Christian through the witness and prayers of his wife Rebecca. McBrain, while visiting the Spanish River Church, found himself weeping. "I just sat there thinking, 'I didn't drink last night…why can't I stand?' " he told Willow Creek Association News. After praying to receive Christ, he began to read the Bible hungrily. "I had this love affair with Jesus going on in my heart."

An IRON MAIDEN fan became a Christian after McBrain shared his testimony at a church sponsored coffee house. "The way the Holy Spirit touched that room that night was immense," McBrain said. "I've never felt that way, before or since." Though he has played before 250,000 people, McBrain said he was more nervous when he began playing with the church worship team. McBrain told the News that after praying, he felt that he should remain with IRON MAIDEN, but "there's a greater calling on my life." He is considering enrolling in some seminary classes. "Without this church and this relationship with God, I don't know where I'd be right now. I just know that I want to be able to use my life for God.”

Cross Rhythms editor Tony Cummings commented, "It's wonderful news about the conversion of Nicko McBrain but also somewhat ironic. Back in the '80s and '90s all these books from evangelicals were appearing denouncing the music of heavy rock bands like IRON MAIDEN, ANTHRAX and MEGADETH as 'satanic'. Now in the last couple of years we've seen IRON MAIDEN's Nicko McBrain, ANTHRAX's Daniel Spitz and MEGADETH's Dave Ellefson all become Christians! Thankfully, some Christians were praying rather than playing the Pharisee."

In related news, THE REBECCA MCBRAIN BAND, featuring Nicko's wife Rebecca, have made available an eight-song CD for purchase via their official web site at this location. Currently unsigned, the group's music is being described on the site as "a combination of powerful rock laced with unique contemporary stylings. With Rebecca's thoughtful, heartfelt lyrics, and fresh style, she is a truly moving performer. Backed up by smashing percussion and frenetic fret action on both guitar and bass, they have managed to create a brand new sound of their own."

Originally posted by Tough As Steel
Just found this article on blabbermouth.

Seems like there's more to the previously-reported collaboration between former ANTHRAX guitarist Dan Spitz and IRON MAIDEN drummer Nicko McBrain than meets the eye. Cross Rhythms, a UK Christian Music Resource, posted the following article in February of this year (all quotes taken from a Willow Creek Association News feature dated March/April 2001):

Wasn't this what I already posted? :D

Goreripper - pretty much, yeah. But its not exactly the same, so i wondered how there are two very similar articles, but with minor differences. The article i posted, does not actually say he IS leaving.

I just wanna know if someone is dicking around with the original article as a prank? I think we have all known that Nicko has been a Christian for some time now, so why now all of a sudden does he want to leave?

The article you posted Goreripper is dated June 5 (what year - is it safe to assume 2002?) from an article in Feb of "this year" with quotes from March/April 2001.

I am just questioning the validity of the article, not your posting!

Nicko's been born again since about 1990. The initial reports of him leaving to follow his christian callings started during the FOTD tour. This report crops up every 6 or so months, and has been discussed on this very BB several times now.

He may still be leaving, mind you, but the fact is that nothing new is being reported.

Originally posted by Moon Child
I could have sworn I have seen this article before, a long time ago. Like last year. Doesn't anyone else recognise it? People thought then that he was leaving but it wasn't true. If this wasn't the exact article, it was strikingly similar. [/B]

Originally posted by Phlogiston
Nicko's been born again since about 1990. The initial reports of him leaving to follow his christian callings started during the FOTD tour. This report crops up every 6 or so months, and has been discussed on this very BB several times now.