Nicko's heavy pedal...

The_Prisoner

I died at Paschendale
Sep 30, 2002
The land of many crows...
Visit site
Iron Maiden Drummer Arrested After Hitting Man With Car
Publication date: 27 July 2003, 13:21:21 | Author: Chris.C

Jennifer Sinco Kelleher of Newsday is reporting that IRON MAIDEN drummer Nicko McBrain was arrested and charged with assault yesterday (July 26) after intentionally hitting a parking attendant with his car before a concert at the Tommy Hilfiger at Jones Beach Theater, state park police said.

Michael "Nicko" McBrain, 51, of London, was trying to enter the VIP parking lot in a black 2004 Jaguar at the theater when he began arguing with a parking attendant about 8:30 p.m., state park police Maj. Richard O'Donnell said.

McBrain was apparently miffed after the attendant, who didn't recognize the aging rocker, demanded to see a parking pass for the V.I.P lot outside the theater, said Maj. Richard O'Donnell of the New York State Park Police.

O'Donnell said McBrain arrived at Jones Beach around 8:30 p.m. for the group's concert, and was stopped as he entered the exclusive parking area.

After a confrontation with the 30-year-old worker over credentials, the park employee stood in front of McBrain's car, blocking the lot entrance.

"The employee said Mr. McBrain struck him in the legs," O'Donnell said.

The man backed up, but stayed in front of the car. McBrain, told him to "move or he would hit him again," O'Donnell said.

The man, 30, whose name was not released by the police, refused to budge, and McBrain surged the car forward again, nailing him and causing the man to fall forward on the car's hood.

State park police arrested McBrain and released him on an appearance ticket before the concert started. It is part of IRON MAIDEN's "Give Me Ed ... 'Til I'm Dead" tour.

McBrain was charged with third-degree assault and is scheduled to appear in First District Court in Hempstead Sept. 16, O'Donnell said. Representatives for IRON MAIDEN could not be reached last night.

Seems as though this may not be a prank. Another report of this in print mentioned Nicko was driving a Jaguar XJR, and in his own diary from a few days ago Nicko mentions driving an XJR.

It has also been reported now that this has been all over TV News in the US, the guy is apparently in hospital no doubt so his injuries are worse than what they really are in order to get a nice fat out of court settlement.

If any dude in a Jag so much farted in my vicinity, I'd sue his arse too!

Most probably this guy is just after money. Sure Nicko did wrong, but I'd be surprised if he really hit him.

Some clever cat on the IM BB came up with this - it's hilarious!

Sung to the tune *The Trooper*

He sees my pass but won't let me through
He stands in front I run over his shoe
He just steps back he is such a man
If he don't move he'll be hit again

My engine revves the charge begins
But in this parking lot no one wins
He wouldn't budge at all from where he stood
So I sent him sprawling 'cross my hood

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh.....
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh.....

The man he sweats with fear he calls the cops