Godspeed You Black Emperor...

J. said:
regarding GYBE, my mom taught me "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all". I guess I'll take that advice concerning this craptacular band.

You're contradicting yourself and going against your own motherly advice. Shame on you! :Spin:

Post Rock .. that's way too wide, they are not "rock" ... and also too small to sum up GYBE'S music.
Imo they are not in a specific gengre. Their music is like a soundtrack for a very dark and surreal movie about dreams (or somthing .. ). Too haunting to be true.

First track is definately least favourite too, it gets pretty intense at the end of the track with the piano. BRACE YOURSELF FOR SLEEP!

So I was on the train this morning at 5am heading to the airport, listening to the 20 minute first track on "Lift your Skinny Fists or whatever...". Man, what an experience as you can imagine if you know the track.

Obviously all music has a time and place, and GY!BE is defintely very suitable for lonely train rides at 5am. They kind of remind me of a cinematic "end credits" version of Swans meets Radiohead.

Good thing I was on a train and not driving...

i was wondering that the other day. and bloodfiredeath?

all these people are probably regular posters here, just with new names.

Sunlapse left UM, or he planned to last I heard. bloodfiredeath quit forums altogether for awhile, permanently at least this forum it seems.

GY!BE is awesome chill music, saw a ton of their shit at Rhino Records yesterday, but figured I have enough with Skinny Fists. Should put that on tonight methinks.

One Inch Man said:
saw a ton of their shit at Rhino Records yesterday, but figured I have enough with Skinny Fists. Should put that on tonight methinks.
Screw that, if the rest of their stuff is as good as Skinny Fists I need to buy more. Way too powerful to be ignored.

f00696zhvt1.jpg

I want this one next, just because of the album cover.

One Inch Man said:
Screw that, if the rest of their stuff is as good as Skinny Fists I need to buy more. Way too powerful to be ignored.

f00696zhvt1.jpg

I want this one next, just because of the album cover.
IMO their best is their debut (dont remember the title now - its a big and confusing too). It has a "normal" cd case and not the really cool and special cd cases of their other albums.