Going to see Maiden afterall

HobbesDawg

Stuck in Utah
Sep 16, 2003
Salt Lake City, UT
So a buddy of mine who lives in DC just called me a few minutes ago. He scored VIP tickets to the show.

So looks like I'll fly out morning of the 18th. Drive straight to the show. And spend the rest of the week and weekend hanging out with my homey. Even have a friend from Virginia driving up to spend the night.

WOOOOHOOO!

Thanks all :) Just gota get into work this morning, make sure no one in my dept has next week off (more or less) and I'm good to go! Ohhh I hope no one has it off, id be so bummed if I couldn't make it!

So now I gota figure out who to bribe or bump off to score backstage passes hehe. My buddy is paying my airfare and putting me up for the week. I figure for that and as a Captain in the army he deserves something for the time he put in as a post master in Iraq.

And so now to track down radio station friends and harass them...heh

EDIT: Thanks Metallicat :D

So now I gota figure out who to bribe or bump off to score backstage passes hehe. My buddy is paying my airfare and putting me up for the week. I figure for that and as a Captain in the army he deserves something for the time he put in as a post master in Iraq.

And so now to track down radio station friends and harass them...heh

EDIT: Thanks Metallicat :D

No problem - if you find out who to bribe to get backstage passes from, let me know!! Hahahaha!!! :lol:

Look forward to hearing all about it, Hobbesy! Have a great time - you deserve it! :headbang:

THanks! I'll write up a nice review on his PC when we get back on post after the concert.

In a quick other news update, I am now down 104 lbs from when I started the weight loss program :) That's 60 more down since when I last saw ya all.

Metallicat: Will do. About to check with one of my radio station contacts heh.

Holy Shit!!! That is amazing!!! :kickass:

So tell me more about this weightloss program? Is it the one where you have to drink shakes for like 13 weeks. :loco:

Hehe nope.:)

Counting calories, eating healthy and hitting the gym usually 4-5 times a week (unless I'm having a long long week then about 3-4 times).

But when you figure out what you should be eating calories wise to meet your goal, and then start writing it down, you see how fast it adds up. That 20 oz coke you just drank is well near 300 calories. Well that's a breakfast some mornings.

:)

hehe Where did you catch em?

me and a buddy have been travelling since '99 ed hunter tour, been to denver a few times bust mostly to southern California. his uncle lives in redondo beach and we usually stay with him to save on hotel, and jet blue flys to long beach pretty cheap, so usually it is inexspensive to get to a few shows down there.

Woooo! Great freaking show last night. Maiden rocked the house with the standard set list but it went on for about 2 hours total. Just an amazing experience. Best of all the band really seemed into the crowd, and Bruce especially seemed to enjoy himself. Unless he's bullshittin' looks like he might be appreciating the fans in the US again - from all he said they've just had great crowds, great reaction, great people at their shows. Also went on a bit about all the younger fans there too and how much they enjoy seeing it.

Ill try to post some pics later - my cel phone camera really sucks so I'll just have 2 blurry ones. We're also hoping the video we shot comes out ok hehe.

Anyway well worth the trip. The energy at the show kicked butt, were lots of folks and was just a fabulous night.

More to come when I return to Utah!

da pics! Taken with my blackberry curve, which for some reason takes pretty poor photos.

IMG00094.jpg

and here is me haming it up for the camera. That's a 2x shirt by the way. By way of example this time last year I was still wearing 5x heh.

IMG00097.jpg