Anyone going to see Maiden?

Dark One said:
Bruce himself expressed that the newest incarnation of Maiden is about emphasizing the new material and looking forward instead of backward
Hasn't that always been part of the Maiden manifesto though?

Ayeka said:
Hasn't that always been part of the Maiden manifesto though?
Hmm, not sure, I just saw Dickinson say that a in a recent interview I read somewhere (and actually it's pretty relevant the point Mark made about changing up the setlist when it comes to older songs). Bruce basically said the band wouldn't really want to go back and re-learn some of the older songs that haven't been played live in years or never because that would entail looking back and focusing on what's been rather than focusing on what's now. Hence the classic songs played live are for the most part the same old, same old.

Dark One said:
Hmm, not sure, I just saw Dickinson say that a in a recent interview I read somewhere (and actually it's pretty relevant the point Mark made about changing up the setlist when it comes to older songs). Bruce basically said the band wouldn't really want to go back and re-learn some of the older songs that haven't been played live in years or never because that would entail looking back and focusing on what's been rather than focusing on what's now. Hence the classic songs played live are for the most part the same old, same old.
I think that kinda proves my point...they've always emphasised newer material on every tour they've done from Beast On The Road onwards, haven't they?

Mind you, I do wish they'd dig out a few underrated classics...I could live without hearing Wrathchild or Fear Of The Dark again...