Going to see Rush on Saturday

tijan

Jun 27, 2004
Any Rush fans here?? Anyone going to the concert on Saturday ?? :)

I broke down and bought the most expensive seats for this one!!! These 3 can really rock the house.

Neil Pert is God :worship:

I'm going to all 3 So Cal shows. I haven't missed an L.A. or Orange county Rush show since Reagan was president, and I haven't missed a San Diego Rush show since Clinton's 1st term. In fact Rush will once again pull ahead of Maiden to be the ORIGINAL band I've seen live the most times, 20 after the Irvine show. Of course, the cover band I've seen live the most times is The MaidenS, Canes next week will be my 31st time seeing them.
:wave:

I'm going to the show at the Bowl. If work wasn't so intrusive I'd go to the Vegas and Irvine shows, too. Really should go... if Alex loses his court case and has a felony on his record, they might not be able to tour the U.S. again. Immigration has been a real PITA for foreign bands.

Make sure to check out the Toronto Rocks DVD, Rush have 3 songs on it.

I was totally blown away. this was my first time being so close to Geddy, Alex and Neil...It felt like I could reach out and touch them!!!

Geddy was wearing a red Tshit and looked in top form...wow for someone his age, I thought they out did themselves. This was an awesome concert you all!!! Neil's solo wowed everyone and people were screaming like crazy during YYZ and 2112. The set list was simply awesome. I wish I was in Cali so I could go to more than one show...

This is what they played for you Rush fans :)

2004 Overture:
* Finding My Way
* Anthem
* Bastille Day
* Passage to Bangkok
* Cygnus X-1
* Hemispheres Prelude
The Spirit Of Radio
Force Ten
Animate
Subdivisions
Dialogue
Earthshine
Red Barchetta
Roll The Bones
Bravado
YYZ
The Trees
The Seeker
One Little Victory

INTERMISSION

SET 2

Darn That Dragon (short film)

Tom Sawyer
Dreamline
Secret Touch
Between The Wheels
Mystic Rhythms
Red Sector A
Drum Solo
Resist (Acoustic)
Heart Full of Soul (Acoustic)
2112 (Overture, Temples, Finale)
La Villa Strangiato (w/ Alex rant)
By-Tor & the Snow Dog
Xanadu
Working Man

ENCORE:
Summertime Blues
Crossroads
Limelight

I went to the show on the 6th and as always, the band did not disappoint. What a great concert. There was no opening act to sit through which was kind of cool. The band played 2 sets (see Tijan's post on this thread for details :) ) with an intermission in between and had a spectacular light show with other visual effects. I'm thinking very seriously about going to their show in Irvine as well.

Yeah!!!!! RUSH was amazing at the bowl on tuesday..I went with 3 of my good friends and we all got tour shirts. :headbang: the only thing that pissed me off was that this fat ass chick right in front of us would yell at my friend frank and I (we both have long hair) when we would headbang along to a song, and one of the times I quote she said "knock it off!!!..I dont care how high you are!!!... just fucking quit it!!!!" :err: ...and I dont even smoke or drink or anything!!!!! My friends and I were just trying to have a good time and didnt purposely try to bug her at all !!!. but things got better later on in the show because she kept leaving and also we got tons of compliments on our hair, our headbanging, and my awesome blue aviator glasses hahahah
the show had to be one of the best shows I ever seen!!!! so I hope have a great time guys!!!!

Hi, All!
I'm gonna see Rush in September here in Birmingham UK!

I cannot wait! The tickets cost a fortune, but there ain'y many artists that perform such a HUGE show! The setlists sound awesome!

The last time I saw the guys it was 1992. It has been that long since they played in the UK! It was the 'Bones' tour.