Going to the Motley Crue show tonight at MSG!

SoundMaster

Jan 20, 2002
"the flower & willow world"
Visit site
Kick ass!!!

I understand that the setlist is ripe with songs from the first two records, and includes 'Red Hot', 'Ten Seconds to Love', 'On with the Show' and 'Helter Skelter'.

I'm not a huge Crue fan, but there's no mistaking the fact that their first two are absolute classics! :headbang:

Have fun! :)

BTW...how much did you pay for your tix if you don't mind me asking...as I heard in earlier reports that they were rather high-end $$

I was gonna fly out to Boise Idaho to see 'em, but I will be in D.C. that week.
Their tickets for Ridgefield, WA/Portland, OR went on sale this week, they are $60.00 Each. The show is on 7.31.05, I'm thinking I will buy their S.I.N. club membership & get better tickets through the band...
Enjoy!
I'm getting a couple of DVD's from this tour anyday now.
Should be cool!

The tix were $40 plus the obligatory $10 "service fee".

I have to say, the show was great! Mick sounded especially good. I think he's gotten better with age!

The band played tons of old tunes....sound was strong, stage show was cool (typical Crue) and Vince's voice wasn't as bad as expected.

Setlist (almost in order):

Shout - Ten Seconds to Love - Too Fast for Love - Looks that Kill - Red Hot - Too Young too Fall in Love - Louder Than Hell - On With the Show - Live Wire
Intermission
Girls - Wildside - Dr Feelgood - Dont Go Away Mad - Glitter/Without You medley - Home Sweet Home - Tomme Lee Drum Solo - Primal Scream - If I Die - Mad Love Song - Kickstart My Heart - Helter Skelter - Anarchy in the UK

Vince does not sound bad at all, I'm listening to the show from Toronto right now & Vince isn't the lazy bastard that he usually is!
Wow! Hey I'm curious, what's the drum solo like? I know it has something to do with
a roller coaster...
Thanks In Advance,
SIXX

Went to see Crue last night in Wash DC. They did not have an opening band, they played about 40 minutes then took a 10 minute break and played about another hour and a 15. The show started off great, all songs from the first 2 albums, then after the break it was the more popular stuff fromt the late 80's. Over all it was a good show, great pyros!!! Tommy's drum "solo" SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just a bunch of techno sounding crap. However Nikki's little thing before the song "Dr Feelgood" was wild!! He was bathed in a shower of sparks!! Crazy looking!!! Mick does not look good at all. His playing sounded ok but he shuffles around the stage like a 90 year old man. Over all he did great though. I went to the show because the girlfriend wanted to go, I was not that excited about it since I had seen them 3 times in the mid 80's, but I enjoyed it. Crue is one of those bands that can put out only a half descent album (or best of, whatever) and they are still worth seeing live because the do put on a fun show. It looked like the show was sold out, no empty seats, and the crowd was WAY into them, on their feet the whole night.

Greeno, I gotta ask...do you think MICK is really playing or is he pantomiming to a backing track????The reason I ask is when I saw them on Jimmy Kimmell a while back it looked like Mick was holding one finger over all the strings and sliding it up and down the whole time....I am not accusing him of anything, just curious...I don't see how his fingers are still up to snuff if his bones are all freezing up...

sixxswine said:
Wow! Hey I'm curious, what's the drum solo like? SIXX

Probably the worst/poorest drum solo I've ever witnessed. It was dreadful. Basically, he had a cable lift him in the air to one of two sets that were hoisted up, about 200 feet high. However, these sets were comprised entirely of electronic drums. It was very technoish. Not a drum solo in the traditional sense. But that would have been fine if he actually did anything with them!
Basically, he'd play for about 10 seconds, then have the cable lift him across the air to the other kit, where he'd then play for another 10 seconds. It was very amateurish.

As for Mick, he sounded great....the solos were nailed! However, he can't move....he's mostly immobile. Too bad.

Overall, I'd say it was a good show....if you like the 80s Crue, you'd have a great time.

tedvanfrehley said:
Greeno, I gotta ask...do you think MICK is really playing or is he pantomiming to a backing track????

I think he was playing. If you saw them on TV he may have been playing to a tape, not sure.

SoundMaster said:
Probably the worst/poorest drum solo I've ever witnessed. It was dreadful.

I agree!! I found myself wanting to BOO him. The crowd was not into it at all either. It was just bad and boring. I heard some guy behind me say "what, are we at the club now? Play some fucking rock n roll"..... he was drunk but he spoke the truth... :lol:

Cool Greeno. You were in D.C.?! I'm gonna be there in a couple of weeks!!!!
Anyway, I was curious about the drum solo, I guess, I will wait until July to see 'em!
Mick's back/spine & waist are fused together! It's the disease he has. So yeah, I would imagine he's a bit "stiff." Hey, did he wear the "Buckethead" mask during the first two songs, like he has in the other gigs?!