Motorhead (and Motley Crue) rock Brisbane

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Top show, that. I think about 20% of the crowd were there for Motorhead alone. Amazingly, though, plenty of people didn't turn up until near the end of their set - AND some even walked out for toilet/drinks breaks during Ace of Spades! Idiots! I only knew four of their songs (No Class, Killed By Death, Ace of Spades and Overkill) but it was still a great show. First time I've seen a support act include a drum solo. They went for about 45 minutes or so.

Then a half hour break and da Crue came on. Top gig. Pretty much the same as the DVD, I think, without Nikki's solo, Tommy's solo and If I Died Tomorrow and Helter Skelter. Can't really fault the show, it was tops.

Mostly Motley Crue shirts in the crowd, but plenty of Motorhead, with a few Maidens and Metallicas for good measure. In the first ten minutes I was there I had three people comment on my Maiden shirt.

Oh, and Warwick Capper was in the row in front of me with a bunch of dopey-looking metalhead mates. He was getting into it, playing air guitar and doing this weird shaking-of-the-hands-to-either-side-of-his-head thing.

One more thing - I'm sick of sitting to the sides on the seats at concerts. Everyone sits down - Tommy even commented on it, how pathetic it was that we were sitting down at a Motley Crue concert. I don't know if that's a Brisbane thing (because it ALWAYS happens, no matter what band it is, except for really big songs which get everyone on their feet) or it happens everywhere. Next time, I'm going to get my ticket on the floor with the plebs.

All in all, a top show.

Oh, and the Motorhead shirt (I bought one) says they have a gig at the Palais in Melbourne on the somethingth of December... for the person who was wondering about stand-alone gigs.

Spiff said:
One more thing - I'm sick of sitting to the sides on the seats at concerts. Everyone sits down - Tommy even commented on it, how pathetic it was that we were sitting down at a Motley Crue concert. I don't know if that's a Brisbane thing (because it ALWAYS happens, no matter what band it is, except for really big songs which get everyone on their feet) or it happens everywhere. Next time, I'm going to get my ticket on the floor with the plebs.

Nope, it's not a Brisbane thing. Xena actually got stuff chucked at her by some fuckers behind us because she had the temerity to stand up when the Crue came on. Everyone behind us kept yelling at anyone who stood up throughout the night. I would have told them all to get fucked, except they were huge cunts and probably bikies or something. It actually put a downer on the night. Also, I think that Palais show is also with Motley. It's probably not on the Motley shirts because it got announced after they were printed.

Spiffo, remember the floor seats we had at the second Purple gig we went to, and there were people sitting *there*, and even telling others to sit down. Weird man.

I guess so - the first time we saw Purple we were at the front, so just bopped around without having to worry about the oldies a few rows back.

When I saw Cold Chisel everyone stood up (it was in the round, so the stage was awful close to everyone) and halfway through the first song I turned around and there was this grouchy-looking couple just sitting there with their arms crossed. Stupidheads.

I was definitely more impressed by Motorhead last night. No props, just rock'n'roll. Lemmy is a champ.

I know it was a Crue gig and I shouldn't have been surprised, but that tittie cam stuff was just stupid. If I was that last chick in the seated area I would have been pretty close to kneeing Tommy Lee in the groin or giving him a slap upside the head if he kept at me like that. What a dick.

I find it damned inconsiderate when people in front of me stand up at concerts, thus blocking the view from the wheelchair section and meaning that I can't see a bloody thing. Fortunately this has only ever happened at Thebarton Theatre. The Ent Cent is much better designed from that point of view, but it's got the acoustics of a tin shed.

W

Last night showed that Motorhead could definitely do a headlining tour of their own. Smaller venues, obviously, but they went off last night. At the end of their set I thought that if that had been the end of the night plenty of people would have gone home very happy. Never seen that much of a reaction for a support act - I know they're MOTORHEAD, but it was still great.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they tour by themselves in the next couple of years.

Motorhead aren't doing any 'stand-alone' gigs on this tour (that I know of).
They're not even playing the extra Melbourne show that Crue are doing at the Palais.. :(

fucking unreal show! Just arrived back from Brisbane this morning. I was front row in the pit on the right side of the stage and it was fucking great. The Casanova's weren't too bad, Motorhead were solid as a rock and the Crue - what a show! freakin' awesome. Nikki spat water on me too hah

:headbang:

Kem said:
I was definitely more impressed by Motorhead last night. No props, just rock'n'roll. Lemmy is a champ.

I know it was a Crue gig and I shouldn't have been surprised, but that tittie cam stuff was just stupid. If I was that last chick in the seated area I would have been pretty close to kneeing Tommy Lee in the groin or giving him a slap upside the head if he kept at me like that. What a dick.

Motorhead were great, fantastic no-frills show. The Titty Cam was amusing for a little while, but at the Sydney show Tommy hassled this chick for ages- even came into the crowd and had em' chant along to try and *encourage* her. I love boobs as much as anyone, but to hassle her like that, and then tell her "You suck" when she didn't comply was a little ridiculous.

Spiff said:
Yeah, he went into the crowd in Brisbane as well. The girl eventually complied though.

Yeah those tits were fake as fuck. Give me the real deal anyday:headbang:

Yeah, fair enough if the chick wants to get em out, that's no harm. But totally putting them on the spot to make them think they don't have a choice, then insult them if they don't...what the fuck.
Haha, I paid 150 bucks to have my cool image of Motley Crue totally shattered. Yay! Though Mick and Nikki were cool.

How many times did Vince say "MAKE SOME FUCKIN' NOISE!!!" You
over-tanned wanker.