Motley Crue

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
I am not really a Crue fan, not sure why when I think about it, because I like everything from them I have heard, just haven't gotten into them really. When most bands that I potentially like tour, I would make an effort to get into them and go to the show, but I haven't done that with Crue because they don't exactly seem on top of their game anymore, and I can't afford it anyway (even though I DO want to see Motorhead..).

Anyway, I have had 'Too Young To Fall In Love' stuck in my head for days, and I can't shake it. Awesome song. I like their other stuff I have heard, but none of it was this good. Should I be making more of an effort with them? What is the best 'best of' getting around?

Blitzkrieg said:
Should I be making more of an effort with them? What is the best 'best of' getting around?

The Greatest Hits album from back around 1998, 1999 is one of the best albums I own.. Enough said?

Also dude, because you're not a snob, you might really get a kick out of the self titled album from 1994 with John Corabi on vocals. Excellent and heavy.

:headbang:

Get the 2-disc greatest hits one that's out at the mo, Red White & Crue. Top stuff. Better than Decade of Decadence, no idea what it's like compared to the one that Sydo's referring to, but it's new anyway, and has three new songs.

I actually think the best "best of" is the one called "Loud As Fuck". It's about $35 but it is 2CDs and a DVD. It has 38 tracks, and the tracklisting is excellent. Most of the best tracks from each album are there which is rare for a best of. There are still obvious changes I personally would make though! It has these songs on it:

Too Fast For Love:
Live Wire
Take Me To The Top
Piece of Your Action
Too Fast For Love
Starry Eyes
Merry-Go Round

Shout At The Devil:
Shout At The Devil
Looks That Kill
Too Young To Fall In Love
Danger
Knock 'Em Dead Kid
Red Hot

Theater of Pain:
Home Sweet Home
Louder Than Hell
Tonight (We Need A Lover)
Smokin' In The Boys Room

Girls Girls Girls:
Girls Girls Girls
Wild Side
You're All I Need
Dancing On Glass

Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood
Slice of Your Pie
Same Ol' Situation
Kickstart My Heart
Don't Go Away Mad

Motley Crue:
Hooligan's Holiday
Poison Apples

Generation Swine (CRAP ALBUM, dunno why there are 6 tracks off it!):
A Rat Like Me
Let Us Prey
Find Myself
Afraid
Beauty
Glitter

New Tattoo:
Hell On High Heels
Punched In The Teeth By Love

Other:
Primal Scream
Bitter Pill

Then on top of that, you get 10 video clips:

Live Wire
Looks That Kill
Home Sweet Home
Girls Girls Girls (censored version)
Wild Side
Dr. Feelgood
Same Ol' Situation
Primal Scream
Hooligan's Holiday
Hell On High Heels

:headbang:

I very much enjoy the album Shout At The Devil, it's my favourite by them without a doubt. Next is Too Fast For Love, which is a good album. From there...I don't like what else I've heard...really NOT into Dr. Feelgood, pretty shitty imo.

I saw them on Live8 not long ago, I thought they sucked donkey balls. Utter ass.

Only a fan of about two of their albums. Those two ARE good though.

Generation Swine should of been an EP made up of the first 4 or 5 songs, maybe under a different name too, then, maybe, it would have just gone under the radar and wouldn't be the crappiest Crue album

Infact I am gonna give it a spin now

Yeah it is a bit much, price-wise. At least you can see two bands for that amount this time, unlike when Alice came.

Btw, what I've heard of John Corabi is tops. I felt really sorry for him after reading The Dirt.

Nah. If so, the first change I would make would be to replace "Red Hot" with "Ten Seconds To Love" and "Bastard"!

And get rid of every Generation Swine track haha.