Andrew G vs Lee Harding

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
A couple of bits from an interview with Idol contestant Lee Harding:

Andrew G attacked you when you wore a T-shirt of the punk band Misfits. Why?

I had the Misfits T-shirt on and Andrew G came up and asked me about them. I said, "I don't even know them", and he was like, "Are you serious?"

They didn't really interest me, but my guitarist is a Misfits freak and I wore it on the show 'cos I knew he'd laugh at me.

And Mr G wanted a pair of Motley Crue shoes you had made?

They have Tommy Lee painted on the side. Andrew G wanted them and he said, "Name me five Motley Crue songs right now and you can keep them". So I said, "Kickstart My Heart, Anarchy in the UK..." and he said, "That's a cover". I had this mental blank and I couldn't think of any more songs. I kept them, though.

Spiff said:
A couple of bits from an interview with Idol contestant Lee Harding:

Andrew G attacked you when you wore a T-shirt of the punk band Misfits. Why?

I had the Misfits T-shirt on and Andrew G came up and asked me about them. I said, "I don't even know them", and he was like, "Are you serious?"

They didn't really interest me, but my guitarist is a Misfits freak and I wore it on the show 'cos I knew he'd laugh at me.

And Mr G wanted a pair of Motley Crue shoes you had made?

They have Tommy Lee painted on the side. Andrew G wanted them and he said, "Name me five Motley Crue songs right now and you can keep them". So I said, "Kickstart My Heart, Anarchy in the UK..." and he said, "That's a cover". I had this mental blank and I couldn't think of any more songs. I kept them, though.

yeah i read that in the courier mail. good shit.

D'oh, I thought I said it was from the Courier Mail. Stupid me, I'm always a stickler for giving credit to news sources. :(

Today is a black day for my reporting skills.

I'm not surprised at all. The best part was when Holden castigated him for singing Green Day despite being completely apolitical with regard to the lyrics. The whole essence of punk is political, yet to him it's just party music.

I remember when James won the competition (along with Umi [sp]) to become the new [v] hosts. Was pretty funny...he was in the shower when they went to his house to tell him, and the chick from [v] just went into his house and knocked on the bathroom door.

He was taken completely by surprise, it was great.

I used to love watching Andrew G do shows in the afternoon because he'd always throw in tons of little Maiden references into stuff he talked about with the crowd and stuff.

I was outside channel v on night that his old request show was on... they weren't on air at the time but the camera focused on me and Andrew G shouted out "holy shit, it's Kerry King"

He earned my respect for that :p haha