Gone for a while...

I just read an article on Mt. Fuji in National Geographic. Quite the trek to climb that, but it sounds like a real experience.

Ah well, it's on my list of places to go eventually.

Chrisf

Must be good to get away, I won't know about that until this little thing I am doing in November, until then its the mudane everday thang!!! Cheers and Beers

Bear

I'm going on vacation next Thursday!! Yahoo!!! I get to go see Dream Theater twice ... my first two DT shows EVER!!! I'm sooooooooooo pysched!!!

Have a *great* time Mr. Glenn!!!!

Originally posted by markgugs

JayK, perhaps you should invite Junnie to lovely Rockland County. There's a Mt.Fuji right near you, isn't there...? :lol:

Yeah Junnie - come to New York when you've finished up at ProgPower. I'll show you my Mt Fuji. *cough*

:lol:

Mark - what you think - after party celebration somewhere in NYC on Sunday night?

Originally posted by JayKeeley

Yeah Junnie - come to New York when you've finished up at ProgPower. I'll show you my Mt Fuji. *cough*

:lol:

Mark - what you think - after party celebration somewhere in NYC on Sunday night?

It'll have to be Monday night pally.

I'm staying Sunday evening and making a sports day of it...the Atlanta Falcons have a 1:00 PM home game, and the NHL's Atlanta Thrashers have a 5:00 PM home game...yes, my love of sports *almost* rivals my love of metal.

hey Chrisf, please let me know when you plan to climb Mt. Fuji. i know some places where metalheads would be pleased to stay :)

JayK, i'm not sure what's the landscape of Atlanta, exciting to find it out in Nov ;) do i need a heavy jacket???

Mark, where is Rockland County? you know i was very bad at Geography...i know where is New York though! i hope i can get to the venue from the Atlanta airport all right!

cheers
J

Two for one on this reply....

It'll be many years before we make it over to Japan, I think. That's a serious trip! I'm really impressed at people like you traveling so far... talk about fans!

Rockland County is a New York City suburb region. It's remarkably undeveloped for being close to the largest city in the US. It's immediately north of NYC, between New Jersey and the Hudson River. There's no large towns there, but if you'd have heard of any, it'd probably be Spring Valley, Nanuet, or Nyack. Can you tell that I grew up there? :wave:

Chrisf

Chrisf - where do you live now then? I've just recently moved to Suffern.

Junnie - there's a Mt Fuji right near me....but we are talking about Sushi restaurants right? :lol:

Junnie,
I don't think there's any such mountain like that in Rockland County... closest thing would be Bear Mt, which is nowhere near as impressive. Also, I can't imagine anyone making a pilgrimage to it... :lol:

Jay,
I live in Chicago suburbs now... Schaumburg, if that means anything to ya...

Chrisf

Originally posted by JayKeeley
Chrisf - where do you live now then? I've just recently moved to Suffern.

Junnie - there's a Mt Fuji right near me....but we are talking about Sushi restaurants right? :lol:

Yes, the Mt.Fuji near us is a sushi/hibachi restaurant on a "cliff" overlooking the highway. Excellent food, but probably not as awe-inspiring as Mt.Fuji near you Junnie! ;)