first post in a while

spiralcharlie

the ProgPower DONKEY!!:D
Jul 25, 2002
Griffin, GA
www.myspace.com
been a while since i have posted here...been busy with work and other stuff...but i have say that Glenn is the man...no one else can pull this stuff off like him....i am very much appreciated by his hard work for us and the bands that want to be involed...my thanks goes out....but what i want to know is there anyone here that is gonna me be at the steve vai show here in atlanta coming on march 19th?...i ll be there with my cousin a few others...and im very stoked about seeing Strato play here for the first time and the other bands....thats just gonna kick some ass....see yall in september...

charlie:D

I think I'll be going to see Vai.....althought if I don't go ahead and decide the tickets will sell out before I order them!

Maybe you could help. I was thinking if I went it would be to Myrtle Beach.....but would you tell me about the Roxy setup? The venues just seem to be awful about having any kind of useful information about how they're setup (ie...you don't know until you get there). I know The Roxy is famous.....does it have like seating....like a real Theater? That would definitely make it worth it to go to Atlanta instead of Myrtle Beach.

.....it doesn't happen to be no smoking, does it? That would be nice...

Barking Pumpkin said:
I think I'll be going to see Vai.....althought if I don't go ahead and decide the tickets will sell out before I order them!

Maybe you could help. I was thinking if I went it would be to Myrtle Beach.....but would you tell me about the Roxy setup? The venues just seem to be awful about having any kind of useful information about how they're setup (ie...you don't know until you get there). I know The Roxy is famous.....does it have like seating....like a real Theater? That would definitely make it worth it to go to Atlanta instead of Myrtle Beach.

.....it doesn't happen to be no smoking, does it? That would be nice...

i have no idea bro.....i have never been there before...so i have no idea

The Roxy is a nice, smallish theater for music shows. It doesn't normally have seating, but they can be deployed -- they did put them out for Dead Can Dance, many years ago now. (Still one of the Five Best Shows I've ever seen, hands down.) I've seen Fight there before, and Living Colour for a New Year's gig (our friend Lennon Murphy opened). It isn't quite big enough for ProgPower, unfortunately, and it isn't really close to a MARTA rail line.

Pellaz said:
The Roxy is a nice, smallish theater for music shows. It doesn't normally have seating, but they can be deployed -- they did put them out for Dead Can Dance, many years ago now. (Still one of the Five Best Shows I've ever seen, hands down.)
That was a fantastic show, wasn't it? The 2nd time DCD played in Atlanta was even better. :worship:

A few years have passed since I've been to the Roxy (Fight/Voivod, '94 was the last time I think). I know there weren't any chairs on the floor but it seems like there were a small amount of balcony seats there. Also, if I'm not mistaken there is a sloped floor area a la The Tabernacle for improved sightlines if standing. There aren't near as many seats as The Tabernacle though. That show would be awesome at The Variety Playhouse. I saw King Crimson there a couple years ago. What a night.

Layla's Dad said:
A few years have passed since I've been to the Roxy (Fight/Voivod, '94 was the last time I think). I know there weren't any chairs on the floor but it seems like there were a small amount of balcony seats there. Also, if I'm not mistaken there is a sloped floor area a la The Tabernacle for improved sightlines if standing. There aren't near as many seats as The Tabernacle though. That show would be awesome at The Variety Playhouse. I saw King Crimson there a couple years ago. What a night.

Yep, you're right, there's a small balcony. It's kinda like the Tabernacle, multiplied by 0.5 (and with, alas, a tiny backstage). Sloped floor is great for sightlines. The Variety is a great venue, too; I've seen Ozric Tentacles there twice, and also a special solstice show featuring Wyndham Hill artists -- excellent shows, all.

Anon138, I had to miss that second DCD show here at Atlanta Symphony Hall, and I was really bummed about it. I had tickets which I gave to a friend, and he was really happy (got to go backstage there, too). That is the only other venue in Atlanta besides Earthlink Live that was originally designed for music.

BTW, DCD will be touring again soon! And, contrary to what we were told by Martin from Cradle of Filth (DCD's brilliance gets around :)), Brendan Perry WILL be touring with them....which is good, because DCD without Brendan ain't DCD.

How cool is this......the now-playing song below came up randomly in my 5000+ song winamp playlist....and it's one of my favorites from them. :)