Gone soft?!

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
I haven't been spending any quality time on here, so I though I'd bust out a quick post...
Here in the last couple of weeks, I have gone soft. I haven't really been in the mood to listen to anything heavier than let's say Silvertide or the Darkness.
The question here is am I going soft?! I know people go through phases, where they listen to something more...
I think the best thing that has happened, was I discovered Silvertide, revisited the Plant/Page, Tesla, Scorpions & rediscovered Michael Schenker how fucking amazing this guy really is!!!!!
SIXXSWINE

Yeah I'm in my phase to hear more doom, but until the haul arrives I'm in my phase to hear whatever I have :loco:

I understand what Sixx says, sometimes you want a more mellow environment, sometimes a bust of energy. And music can provide that undoubtely (pharmaceuticals too, but CDs are cheaper :D )

Nah, don't sweat it, Sixx. Trust me, at the ripe old age of 40, I've been through more phases than a 55-year-old woman in menopause. I noticed the phases come and go more often the older I get, but that's just because they last a shorter duration.

I was recently in a phase where all I listened to was mellow ambient music: Blackmore's Night, Dargaard, VLE, Tenhi, Ambeon. Then I'll go on hard rock kicks for awhile, listening only to stuff like Schenker, Fastway, Pat Travers, Deep Purple, etc. Then I go back on a metal kick, or a progressive 70s kick...it all just depends on my mood.

Trust me, you'll be back to moshing in due time. And it will sound that much sweeter for the break you've taken from those bands.

Rock on, and then Mosh on! :headbang:

As long as you're not going out & buying Clay Aiken cds, then you'll probably pull thru.

Hehe, I recognise this. But when a phase like that is over, I listen more metal than ever before everytime. I also have my thrash-periods, my nwobhm-periods, etc, it changes a lot. At this time, I hardly listen to any thrash, doens't mean I never will again though

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Yeah man! If I'm in the mood for something mellow, first thing I turn to is Blackmore's Night or Ambeon. Sweet, sweet music indeed!
I recommend then Dunwich. You may find hellish to get their albums, is like Ambeon but more prog and complex. Sung in Italian with beautiful female vocals, to me one of the best unknown bands money can get.

You may also want to check Lana Lane, especially albums like "Ballad Collection" and "Winter Sessions".

Thanks Wyvern, I'll check out Dunwich if I can find any mp3s or samples. I did a quick search on google though, and came up empty handed. Got an album name or any links you can share? They sound killer by your description!

I have one Lana Lane album (Queen of the Ocean) and several random mp3 from her and Norlander. I don't listen to it alot, but I do enjoy it when I feel inclined. I've pulled out QotO at least three times since June though, so it's made some kind of impression on me.

Heh, I recently bought a boatload of country albums and have been listening to them nonstop. I can't even stand Cryptopsy or Suffocation right now.