gonna get the line 6 pod 2.0....

theres the POD, which pioneered the idea of Amp Modeling, there is the Vox Tonelab, which they say has the better mid to low gain settings, and there is the Behringer V-Amp, which NeedledWarheart has, he loves it, i dont like it as much as my POD Pro, but for the money, you can't beat it. There are "pro" versions of the POD and V-amp, which are rackmounted. You spoke of wanting to build a rack, if you start with a POD Pro, you are halfway there. the Pro version also has Digital outputs, and a live/studio switch in the back, along with some other features im not familair with. the "bean" POD is around $199 now on Musicians Friend, and the POD Pro's are at 299 i think, you might even be able to find a POD/Floorboard combo for 300-400 depending on whether you get the Bean or the Pro. I really like mine, and i tweak around with it a lot. the effects are that great, but they do the job. A great tool.

Imma slip in some of my questions in this thread...

Bobvex, you seem to know alot about line6 and modelling in general, is the Podxt Pro worth buying? I could get a Bean now but i could allways save up for the Pro... =/

Dim3 said:
Imma slip in some of my questions in this thread...

Bobvex, you seem to know alot about line6 and modelling in general, is the Podxt Pro worth buying? I could get a Bean now but i could allways save up for the Pro... =/
the original PODXT SUCKs ASS, but, if you get the update, which just came out, and the amp packs ($99 for a three set) the thing fucking smokes. you need a USB cable, and the updates costs moeny too. . .

fucking technology. . .

bue yeah it smokes with the update, and farts with the stock.

ok so I just got the pod 2.0.

theres the POD, which pioneered the idea of Amp Modeling, there is the Vox Tonelab, which they say has the better mid to low gain settings, and there is the Behringer V-Amp, which NeedledWarheart has, he loves it, i dont like it as much as my POD Pro, but for the money, you can't beat it. There are "pro" versions of the POD and V-amp, which are rackmounted. You spoke of wanting to build a rack, if you start with a POD Pro, you are halfway there. the Pro version also has Digital outputs, and a live/studio switch in the back, along with some other features im not familair with. the "bean" POD is around $199 now on Musicians Friend, and the POD Pro's are at 299 i think, you might even be able to find a POD/Floorboard combo for 300-400 depending on whether you get the Bean or the Pro. I really like mine, and i tweak around with it a lot. the effects are that great, but they do the job. A great tool.

If im going to do the rack I would just go basic, no need for effects.

Krigloch the Furious said:
ok so I just got the pod 2.0.
damn kid you dont waste any time. . did you get a MIDI/USB interface for the computer?

it looks like this
midisport_uno.jpg
<---i have the xact same one. its called M-audio USB MIDISport Uno. its all you need.

it has a USB cable on one side, and and in/out MIDI cable on the other, you can use it to download patches, deep edit, and post your own patches.

if you dont have one i suggest you get one, they are about 30 dollars at a computer/music store

If im going to do the rack I would just go basic, no need for effects.
the POD Pro comes with effects, or do you mean you would just get some regular rack preamp?

yeah regular. poweramp, preamp, and some other things just for the hell of it.
I'll worry about cables when I have the thing infront me and I know what I need. :p
so your ordered it?

musicians friend? GC has the same prices. .

been using a POD-xt Pro for a year now, and for demoing its great. Pro recording is still a job for miking and loud amps though, but for studio use and writing it is excellent :) Rack version has balanced outputs as well, which is a bonus!

Recomended

7 Dying Trees said:
been using a POD-xt Pro for a year now, and for demoing its great. Pro recording is still a job for miking and loud amps though, but for studio use and writing it is excellent :) Rack version has balanced outputs as well, which is a bonus!

Recomended

do you have the update on that? I've heard that its blows the non-updated version away.

My band just recorded and the guy who enginiered us had a Pod XT with the updated "Metal Pack" amp models. The metal pack as some awesome tones. I used a Diezel Herbert Model (Deity's son) for my heavy stuff and a Diezel VH4 model (Deity lead) for my harmonies and lead stuff, and I loved the way it sounded. Our other guitarist used a Bogner model in some parts and I think a '01 Triple Recto in other parts. I liked it so much I am going to get a POD XT Pro for my live setup