Good audio interface!

Nico_pitty

Nick
Jun 22, 2011
Milan
Hi guys i'm next to buy a new audio interface firewire...
I love rme fireface 400 but i'm not sure to buy it because it seems to much for me! I mean it would be perfect but i have the impression the i won't exploit it very much!
I have a budget of 400/500 $. Which audio interface it worths that price??
Thanks!! ;)

I know the M-Audio Profire 2626 and the Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 are pretty popular, solid firewire interfaces. Both have 8 pretty decent built in pre's too.

$500?

really? i say wait... keep saving, then make a real purchase.

*worth? i am certain you can put value into anything.

example: how much is an album by your favorite band worth to you? probably a lot more than $9.99 (or whatever).

so i say (philosophically), spend on an audio interface what you think your music is worth.

Thanks guys! I tried a presonus mobile but i have to say that it really disappointed me! it crashed cubase everytime i set it as main interface, and sometimes crashed also my computer. I'd like to have rme fireface 800 but it costs a lot for me and i don't have time for saving money and wait for it...the same for rme 400! I saw Saffire Pro!I pretty like it...a question...IN the case of Presonus during the installation in my computer was installed also a mixer in order to manage the interface..i don't reaaly like this method...Is like that also for the saffire??