Good bye amp simulation :)

After 2 years of Axe-Fx'ing, I am currently moving my head back to real amps. I have not finally decided what's better, but the real amp definitely has the "real vibe" and gets good results faster. Maybe the AxeFx is able to nail every tone, but I tried 2 years now and I am not there yet. 2 Days messing with real tube amps, my trusty SM57 and my old Mesa 4x12 make me believe that I should stick with the real stuff.

I'm on the same path... been using a POD XT for some years and Podfarm more recently, but I'd really like to mike up a real amp, 'cause I think that's what I've been missing in my tones.
So I bought a Windsor and already had a Marshall 1936 cab, but it's still not what I like... so the Windsor is for sale, making up my mind for a Peavey 6505+ combo with a nice V30 cab (2x12" due to space issues). First sell some other stuff and then I'll make my final descision!!!

Welcome to the club bro .... Now ... if you want to hear something totally crazy run from the direct out on the back of the 5150 into your interface and put the Catharsis Fredman impulses on it. Be sure the cab is still hooked up to the head. Total insanity!

Wait a minute! How would this sound? I have a tube head that sounds great live. Are you telling me I could run the direct out on the head into my line 6 gx interface and record that way? I'm guess that would record the actual tone that I'm using and not a direct signal, but hell. It would still sound better than pod farm right?

Wait a minute! How would this sound? I have a tube head that sounds great live. Are you telling me I could run the direct out on the head into my line 6 gx interface and record that way? I'm guess that would record the actual tone that I'm using and not a direct signal, but hell. It would still sound better than pod farm right?

yes, but record the gtr's direct signal and not the Toneport's amp sim (you can tell the line6 software what to record or simply switch off all sims). but make sure that either a cabinet or a loadbox is connected to the speaker outs of your amp!!! Then use a convolution plugin (boogex, ir1a, lecab, ...) to apply a cabinet impulse response to the recorded signal.