Good CD Stores

sonofhendrix13

some loser
Jul 1, 2004
Gloucester, MA
I buy a shitload of CD's but quite a bit of the bands that I like are very hard to find. I shop at Newbury Comics and they have most of the bands I'm looking for but are missing quite a few good bands. Where do you get all your CD's? Do you buy them off the internet?

I usually buy used cds in stores but I also buy new sometimes. If they have a cd I want and its now 20 $ but like 12-15 I will buy it.

Manifest in Charlotte, NC is good.

Erik said:
The regular price in common stores in Sweden is $26-30 (180-200:)for a new CD... Granted, that's with the very weak dollar at the moment, but still, I can generally order the same CD from USA for about $10-11 (70:)... So you'll understand why I almost NEVER buy a new CD in a store anymore.
its about the same here in japan. 2500-3000 yen (25-30 $)
~gR~

Does anyone actually shop online from Vintage Vinyl? I'm in the area, so I actually go there...

I only have to drive like 10-15 minutes, hehe. I usually spend like $100 or so a month there.

You guys are even lucky to have stores that sells Metal CDs. Here there is none, there is one store but you have to order it, and the processing is so slow, it's expensive (ranging from $19-25) and it does not find the CDs you really want in the first place.

So yeah I'm taking note of those online stores, cuz it maybe useful someday.

Yes!! Newbury Comics! Good to see some New England fellas in here. That said, I usually buy from the net as well, as I can get the best deals.

The only thing with Newbury Comics is that you cannot sell shit from labels that arent recognized in their system, so you cannot buy used cd's from the REALLY obscure labels either which kind of sucks. The best place to find rare, used gems is places that have no restrictions like Words & Music in Fairhaven, MA.

Metal Haven in Chicago is a good store. They carry pretty much everyone, plus a good selection of vinyl, DVDs, books, etc. Pricing is usually about $13-16. That's probably not as good as a mail order, but it's good to support the local metal shop.

I shop at 2nd Ave. records here in Portland. Prices are about 10-15 bucks and they have almost anything youd want. Vinyl/CDs/Shirts/DVD, Etc.....