Good DI Box These Days?

I also had a CT85 that had some random noise issues sometimes.

I ended up with a Radial ProDI which was cool when I was using actives. I'm looking for something else to use with passives now.

Check BSS AR-133, if you want another option. But it also can not handle large levels as rest of DI-boxes, but something with peak levels below 3 V is OK. 1 MOhm, pretty standard, unlike Radial units.

SPM-100 is simpler.

1) Price
2) It handles much larger input levels (around 6 V peak, i.e. like 12 Vpp) with low distortion, allowed levels up to +22 dbu.
3) Don`t need to rely on interface mic pre quality, especially useful for interfaces like Presonus 44VSL, with SPM-100 you can get the most out of ADC, difference (distortion and noise), compared to built in pre, is noticeable.

No, not have a chance.
Compared to BSS AR-133, through SPM-100 mic pre into RME FF800 (because RME pres are inferior), at least similar quality, but pickups was not that hot, hotter pickups can lead to distortion on AR-133, while SPM-100 still handles such levels.
Not a surprise, because AR-133 have +9 dbu (with impedance of 1 MOhm), similar to Type85/10 (around +8 dbu).

I haven't used my Countryman since I got a Boss DI-1 and haven't used the Boss since I got an Audient ID22.

CronosBeyond try contacting them by e-mail (at the bottom of the page).
http://дигилаб.рф/about.html
What problems do you have with Kemper Hi-Z now?
Maybe digilab will not give you significant improvement, if you do not experience clipping etc.

Thanks. I don't have any problems with the Kemper. I just like to test new gear from time to time. I have a Countryman Type 10 as backup but perhaps I could replace the backup with the digilab :)

And it would be cool to have some russian gear here at home :)

If you have Active pickups then I suggest a Passive DI box.If not, then the opposite.
I'm extremely satisfied with Radial Engineering Di boxes.

So it's occurred to me that when I toss my PODxt for a DI box, I'll be losing the ability to monitor what I'm playing real-time as recording. The PODxt allows me to send a dry/clean signal to my DAW (usb) - but also send the wet signal (POD modelling) to my speakers. I don't own an amp, so wondering what options are available to hear a decent tone while recording using a DI box (or aforementioned USB interface). I suppose I could try sending the split out to my POD just to hear something while recording, but then wondering what kind of latency nightmare that would present.

No experience with that, but I would recommend spending just a little more and investing in a good interface. I used to own this one until I upgraded to the UR28M. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/UR22

So it's occurred to me that when I toss my PODxt for a DI box, I'll be losing the ability to monitor what I'm playing real-time as recording. The PODxt allows me to send a dry/clean signal to my DAW (usb) - but also send the wet signal (POD modelling) to my speakers. I don't own an amp, so wondering what options are available to hear a decent tone while recording using a DI box (or aforementioned USB interface). I suppose I could try sending the split out to my POD just to hear something while recording, but then wondering what kind of latency nightmare that would present.

If you check out the interface that I recommended, you'll see that it has a knob labeled "mix." That knob does what you are asking about.

Schust, what DI box have you settled on?

leaning toward the USB interface you recommended. it seems to have everything i need in one unit. although, watched a demo vid of it on youtube today and the guy was complaining about the clipping he observed when plugged in on the HI-z. he had to turn his guitar's volume down to avoid the clipping. i'm guessing he had active pickups. mine are passive. so, hopefully not the same issue. Did you ever experience clipping plugged in on the HI-z?