Good IRs of nice sounding studios

noiZefloor

New Metal Member
Apr 18, 2004
I'm looking for IRs of great sounding studio rooms. My recording room is rather small. I'd like to send my room mic into a convolution reverb to get it bigger. I've recorded a second room mic, that I've placed close to the drum set. I've tried lots of IRs on it, but I'm still missing this nice high end that lets the snare sound wider.

I'm owning the acousticas Lexicon 300 IRs. They are really great on drums. I'm not really looking for a drum reverb. I need something natural sounding, some IR that I can smash with a compressor and that is still not sounding like a synthetic reverb.

check the noise vault site and check on here for the acousticas bricasti m7 impulses.
Google will provide you with links since i can't be bothered searching for them. those bricasti ones are the best impulses I've ever tried

I've already got the acousticas M7 files. They are really great, but I'm lookin for a real room that sounds dirty like hell with lots of natual diffusions. I've also tried all real rooms that can be found on the noise vault site and I really don't like em.

Thanks for your efforts so far.

there is actually IR's of vocal booths on that morevox site. Has anyone tried to put a vocal booth IR on some home recorded vocals, THEN put some traditional reverb on it? good outcome? potentially good outcome?

there is actually IR's of vocal booths on that morevox site. Has anyone tried to put a vocal booth IR on some home recorded vocals, THEN put some traditional reverb on it? good outcome? potentially good outcome?

Great, I'll try it out. But I doubt if they would be of any use. Unless of course, the recorded vocals I'm applying them to are insanely dry.

Is there an IR of Fascination Street Studios :|?
This place sounds magical : everything recorded there is almost perfect sounding even if Jens Bogren doesn't touch it (AFAIK, the drums in Stabbing the Drama were recorded at Fascination Street but mixed by Bergstrand, and even though it's not my perfect drum sound, it does sound pretty damn good in the mix).