Good laugh

Meh. If you are a musician you know damn well that your average Joe knows nothing about music or playing an instrument, so, for what it's worth, let there be praise. It's a good motivator. As for the video... yeah, it's not the best (and definitely not the worst) stuff out there. But what does it matter? None of you were guitar gods the moment you walked out the store with a shitty Chinese $150 Stratocopy.

Think he is a bass player who just started learning guitar, the bass lines sound decent.

I think it's mostly the tones that aren't making it sound right. He's using too much of the bridge pickup on the bass, and the electric guitar tone is just bland and boring, nothing like the record. The acoustic playing wasn't bad, but I think he screwed up during some parts. The bass is also too high in the mix. He also screwed up with the tempo in some places. Overall though, like others said, the whole thing wasn't bad, it just wasn't great.

Think he is a bass player who just started learning guitar, the bass lines sound decent.

that's exactly what I was going to say before I read your post. And the bass is loud as hell, so I think he must be a bass player

The performance wasn't spectacular, but it wasn't too bad. Either way, I didn't have a "good laugh". You know what's always a good laugh?

George fucking Corpsegrinder ranting about WoW.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXtyYiI5HDk&feature=related[/ame]

For the record, I don't play WoW. I made up "Illidan" before Blizzard did. Now it's kind of an unfortunate name to have. I made my account here WAY after Illidan was known as a character from Warcraft, and that's something I regret. Wish I could change it.

The performance wasn't spectacular, but it wasn't too bad. Either way, I didn't have a "good laugh". You know what's always a good laugh?

George fucking Corpsegrinder ranting about WoW.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXtyYiI5HDk&feature=related

For the record, I don't play WoW. I made up "Illidan" before Blizzard did. Now it's kind of an unfortunate name to have. I made my account here WAY after Illidan was known as a character from Warcraft, and that's something I regret. Wish I could change it.

Hah, I was really wondering that if you were some kind of Warcraft fan, but that explains it.

And about the Harvest video, didn't give me any laughs. I thought it was decent, actually pretty good. Of course it's not the same as on the record, but come on? Why should that guy be bashed for that performance?