Good Metal

Lord Belial are fucking amazing, dude

Also, don't see it mentioned yet, Carach Angren is good stuff:

Goatwhore (lol @ name)

Drudkh's new album is pretty interesting

That's pretty much the metal I'm listening to these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no more good metal.

Joe, you have obviously listened to the new Dimmu Borgir album right? I still don't know what to make of it, the orchestration is good but overall I don't think I like it that much. The witch-like female vocals on some tracks sound awful, and it makes me miss Vortex even more.

I will reply to this thread in more detail when I have time, but to answer your question:

Yes I have heard it and it was awful for me. They just changed in all the wrong ways to try and hide the fact they got rid of the two best members of their band. Not only does it sound like a shitty attempt at orchestral black metal, but they did it with like 500 musicians. Last time it was all done by one guy. And they fired him. As for that chick, I don't know WHAT THE FUCK they were thinking. Norway must have some good crackwhores, because the one singing on the record managed to go from getting pad to suck their dicks to gettign paid to ruin their careers. She also sings on the new Solefald track and gays it up.

As if they put her in place of Vortex... just amazes me.

^Carach Angren gives nice shows, but they're arrogant fucks

Well, their compositions are better then most of the crap in their sub-genre, so they have the right to be a bit arrogant I guess. They didn't look to be on the promo videos I've seen online though, but I'll leave the judgment to you.

I also liked that Enslaved-one vikk posted

Enslaved is kinda meh to me in general, but that one actually was a little less boring and repetitive than what they usually put out.

Dimmu Borgir

Ugh, Dimmu has sucked since Stormblaast.

Fat people who are content to be fat should just kill themselves.

Also, his opinion would be 0/10 troll bait if he wasn't so repulsive that I am convinced he actually believes the shit he says.

Ever heard of Keep of Kalessin, really good stuff

They have some really cool songs but I tend to get bored when doing a full album. New Empires Birth, Crown of Kings, Many Are We, Ascendant, and Dragontower...though I only ever heard Armada and Kollossus.

Fat people who are content to be fat should just kill themselves.

Also, his opinion would be 0/10 troll bait if he wasn't actually a real life bridge troll who sustains himself with the fungus of his own foot, and there is apparently a lot of it.

fixed and admittedly put to much effort into it.

Edit: and I liked Deadly's link, I dont know how that is at all Doom, but whatever.

edit again: new song, ahh I see now.

They didn't look to be on the promo videos I've seen online though, but I'll leave the judgment to you.
I know this keyboard player who was wondering what programme they use for their keys, he was the keyboard player from the band that played just before them, he was being polite and genuinly interested in the band and the Carach guy gave him this gay "it's a secret" answer and waved his hand at him, meaning he should leave the backstage. That's what I mean by arrogant :p

fat people aren't allowed to have opinions
yet you are still here...

Edit: and I liked Deadly's link, I dont know how that is at all Doom, but whatever.

edit again: new song, ahh I see now.

they have a very versatile singer. in the teaser for their new album, snippets of sung parts remind me of that Aaron guy from My Dying Bride :eek:

Yes yes, pure sex on a disk for me :D

Congratulations, you're an idiot. Good luck with life.

2zjevq1.jpg