Good places for (legally) free metal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonymouswierdo

Pitiful Newbie
Feb 2, 2006
GMT+10
This should be pretty simple to grasp: if you know about some place where one can find free metal which is fully legal, share the knowledge with the rest of us. Most likely it will be some place on the internet, but maybe you know a bar or something which regularly has good bands for no extra cost.

Please give the name, a easy way of finding it (link/address), maybe a (quick) description, and if possible a mini-review.

Here's one to start us off:

Name: Triple J Unearthed

Address: http://www.triplejunearthed.com/ (Link to metal section)

Description: Every year the Australian radio station Triple J runs it's Unearthed competition to find good unsigned bands. This year it has switched to the internet, and now anyone can download, listen, and rate the music.

Quality of the music avaliable: Unkown, I've only listened to one or two bands a while ago. Plus, I'm not really experienced enough to tell you.

Please try to keep this on topic and obey the rules. If I can be bothered, I might edit other people's additions into this, but only if I have a moment of non-laziness (and other people make additions).

Have fun, if you can.

The_Isle said:
Why does it matter if it's legal or not, if it's not good/what you're looking for.

Ummmm.... assuming what you are saying is something like "if it isn't something you want, why does it matter whether it is legal or not"; well... You wouldn't be interested anyway? Ummmm......?

Assuming you mean something more like "why does it matter if something is legal or not?"; there are probably plenty of reasons, but peace-of-mind type stuff is one.

You can download Australian grindcore band Super Fun Happy Slide's two demos by following the instructions on their site:
http://www.superfunhappyslide.net/
Aloriu Seseliai have made their debut 'Ir Nusinešė Saulę Miškai' available for download from their site, it's worth a listen if you like BM:
http://www.altoriuseseliai.projektas.lt/angliskai/music.htm
Black Metal band Niroth also made their demo available for download off their site, but the site is down at the moment.

Demilich are good. And you can download for free all their stuff from their website. That's all i know :/

Heathen have both of their albums on their website.
Anacrusis have all of their albums on their website.
Feral have both of their demos on their site.
Sindrome have their demos on their site.
The Chicago Devastation has all of their demos on their site.

The M-A links are really all you need; but keep in mind what Banned said...not all of them are "legal." Free music from bands is usually only legal when hosted directly on the band's site. Chances are if it's on rapidshare or what have you, it's illegal. Still, nothing will actually happen if you d/l a zip file containing a band's album from that thread.

I'll probably close this thread eventually, though...just a heads up. Your question's been answered pretty well. Cheers. :)

V.V.V.V.V. said:
The M-A links are really all you need; but keep in mind what Banned said...not all of them are "legal." Free music from bands is usually only legal when hosted directly on the band's site. Chances are if it's on rapidshare or what have you, it's illegal. Still, nothing will actually happen if you d/l a zip file containing a band's album from that thread.

I'll probably close this thread eventually, though...just a heads up. Your question's been answered pretty well. Cheers. :)
What about this site http://www.pummelandgrind.com/index.php

I download more than I buy, but I still buy when possible. I don't really care honestly about supporting bands, since I know that due to a lot of stuff I listen to being sub-underground, d/ling them IS supporting them in a way. Money is not the only way to support something, you know.

Anyway, back on topic. I'll still probably close this soon, but if any of you have extreme unctions to add to the thread, go for it.

It's just that this involves very little "discussion," it's just namedropping sites, and I'm cutting it off myself before someone goes into the whole RARGH MUSIC D/LING IS EVILE thing, so yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.