Good reading music

Vegard Pompey

ALLY TO GOOD, NIGHTMARE TO YOU
Feb 26, 2008
Duwang
I've been reading a lot to Bohren & der Club of Gore lately. It's slow, instrumental, ambient yet abrasive enough to block out outside noises when played loud enough. So it's pretty great, however it doesn't really fit the mood of the books I've been reading lately.

I would like some more music like it, but with different moods. I guess I'm generally looking for ambient music, but feel free to recommend whatever works as reading music for you.

Njiqahdda - Njimajikal Arts and Bozzio Levin Stevens - Black Light Syndrome would work well..though the first one might make you want to put your face in the book and put a gun to the book.

I've found these quite good recently when I'm writing

Mago de Oz
Michael Angelo
Vinnie Moore
In the Woods
Negurã Bunget
Virgin Black

My reading playlist has shizzle like Boards of Canada, Paul Ruskay, Bear McCreary, Biosphere, Datach'i, Brian Eno, Douglas Irvine, Jon Hallur, Atrium Carceri, Michael Meaera, The Angelic Process, Helios, Portal, Nadja, Darkspace, Autechre, M83, blabalblalblalbla.

Scorn
Rosetta
Zombi
Grails
Tribes of Neurot

Scorn, especially. I used to do my homework and read/write to Scorn alot. I'll read to alot of Godflesh too.