What book are you reading now?

Bill Bryson's best book is - A breif history of nearly everything, it's the best book I have read in a loong time.

Currently I am reading a complete history of the bible, then I am going to read, The Jesus Conspiracy, and also a book about The Knight's Templar.

No I haven't gone all nutty and relegious, it is a subject that has always fascinated me as to why people are sucked in by it, and these books have come along at a time when I had a lull in reading material, I mean how many times can you really read an atlas of world history?

Winmar said:
:lol:

He's hilarious at times. What's the African one like? I haven't read that or his history of everything in the universe ever.

The African Diary is okay.. Very very short, it doesn't really get going and then all of a sudden it's over. But it was supposed to be fairly short anyway..

I'll have to put the Short History on the reading list, everyone is raving about that...

Still haven't read a Tim Winton book. Keep meaning to....

I think I've bought Short History... for two different people, but haven't read it yet myself. I'm a gaybo.

Thanks for agreeing with me! :)

I bought the MacQuarie Dictionary the other day. Fuck that rocks; the chicks are gonna love me now. Chicks dig guys with dictionaries, especially green Australian ones.

Winmar said:
Who wrote that, Bucko?

No one in particular it has contrubutions from the likes of Ritchie Benaud, Dennis Lillee, Allan Border, Greg & Ian Chappell, Terry Jenner, Darren Berry, Rick Darling, John Singleton... just people saying good things about him etc

Now reading: "Green mars" by Kim Stanley Robinson. It's the second in a trilogy about the colonizetion of Mars. Pretty good, best scifi book i've ever read.

The last book i finished was Robinson's "Red mars".

I'm also reading "Don Quixote", but that one's on standby until the Mars trilogy is finished.

Kem said:
Memoirs of a Geisha.

Now a major motion picture.

I'd rather read the book than watch the film. The book's meant to be good....

Where are you from, Undo Control?

Just interested, that's all. Hadn't seen you before, so wondered if you were in Oz or elsewhere.

Cardiff....Mrs Michael Douglas is from there, isn't she? I've been to Holyhead - yay! What do you do in Mexico?

I was at Dark Tranquillity's board. ;)

Do you mean why am i in Mexico or what do i do with my time? I'm here koz my whole family is from here and my parents were just studying in the UK when i was born. Or, if you meant the second question, i listen to music, write, read, think and waste away in front of my computer screen.

I wouldn't know about Michael Douglas. Sorry.

Did you know that the place with the longest name in the world is a village in Wales? It's called Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch (i'm not making this up, this is a fact).

UndoControl said:
Now reading: "Green mars" by Kim Stanley Robinson. It's the second in a trilogy about the colonizetion of Mars. Pretty good, best scifi book i've ever read.

The last book i finished was Robinson's "Red mars".

I'm also reading "Don Quixote", but that one's on standby until the Mars trilogy is finished.

I've read those. Red Mars rocked like few books have rocked before. Green Mars was OK. I only got halfway through Blue Mars before I lost interest. It gets more political than science, and that's not why I read books about Mars.