What Are You Reading?

Neoman

Aug 10, 2008
They say that summer is "a time for reading".
Whether sitting at the beach (on vacation) or in your hammock in the backyard; anywhere
you like to read!
What book (or kindle) are you "involved" in?

Right now, I am reading : "I've Got A Name - The Jim Croce Story"; a very enjoyable, interesting read about the short, but brilliant, life of one of the finest musicians ever.

My favorite Author is Clive Cussler,,, I must have over 100 of his books Paperback & hard cover...I just finished "" The Storm""

Im in the middle of ( Dont Laugh) its a great Book::

Mercury--"""An Intimate Biography"""

Right now I'm reading Gregg Allman's "My Cross to Bear." a nice read.

I'm a book hog so I've got enough hardbacks to last me a few years. Once I see a book I think I'd like to read, I buy it. Kind of like buying cd's.:D

Ever since I got a Kindle as a present on my last birthday, I find I read a lot more. I love books but I'm low on shelf space, and I actually find I read faster on the Kindle than in a regular book.

Currently re-reading The Summoner by Gail Z. Martin, the first book in the Chronicles of the Necromancer series. Once I'm done I'd like to get through the other three books.

I hear you, I could open a library. I go through about 2 or 3 books a week and still have a ton to read.

Amen! Like the guys in Anathema recently said in an interview "You can not have intelligence, If you do not read" Then again, there are exceptions (right Bob?) :D ;)

"Reading is fundamental" Exercise for the brain.
By the way, call me old but I prefer a real book more than a kindle BUT
if that works for you, that's great - JUST READ, DAMNIT!!! ;)

By the way, call me old but I prefer a real book more than a kindle BUT if that works for you, that's great - JUST READ, DAMNIT!!! ;)

Trust me, I've had conflicts about it. ;) And I still have a lot of books I can't get on the Kindle, so I still read actual printed books now and then.

I try to look at it the same way I look at my mp3 player: its just an easier, more compact way for me to carry around a library wherever I want. What if I finish a book on a trip and don't want to spend time and money running into a bookstore to get a new one? Technology is seductive :Smokedev:

Right now I'm reading Gregg Allman's "My Cross to Bear." a nice read.

I'm a book hog so I've got enough hardbacks to last me a few years. Once I see a book I think I'd like to read, I buy it. Kind of like buying cd's.:D

Went to B/N and Picked this up....its next on my Read List....:kickass:

Lord Foul's Bane by Stephen R Donaldson, Book One of the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever.

The Ghostway by Tony Hillerman. I enjoy his mysteries that are heavily involved in the Navajo culture.

Being a President Historian, I must have over 150 books on all the Presidents As a whole & Indivisually .....( John Adams is one of the Best)

Do you know what amazes the hell out of me Bob?
For all the books you have read, you can't spell anything?!
Are you sure you are not just looking at the pictures??? :loco::loco:

Dead Wrong: Straight Facts on the Country's Most Controversial Cover-Ups -
by Richard Belzer & David Wayne.

Pretty interesting stuff! :err: