O/T: What are you reading? part 2

TD said:
I think the man is brilliant. I'm pretty liberal though. That being said, all the conservative fucks that don't like him can stick it. Conservatives don't know how to have a good time, unless it's at the NRA convention or something.

I'm not a fan of her, But Ann Coulter has said she's friends with Bill Maher and she's pretty right-wing.

Reactions: Riehlthing
jdelpi said:
I'm not a fan of her, But Ann Coulter has said she's friends with Bill Maher and she's pretty right-wing.

She's actually on his show a lot and yes they are friends. I think she's a total psycho-bitch, but I hate most extremists. Bill Maher is actually central on many issues--he's pretty libertarian in many ways--"Keep the government out of my personal business" and big on freedoms. I am definitely much more liberal in lots of ways, and I have been very liberal in the last few years, but that's only cause I think there's too many extreme conservatives floating around right now. Most of the time, my ass is stuck on the pole in the middle. I believe in balance. OK, that's my two cents.

To sum up: Bill Maher is very funny.

Another book I like since we're in the what are you reading thread is is Clive Barker's The Damnation Game. I think I'm gonna read it next. Or audio book it.

GASOLINEDREAM said:
Another book I like since we're in the what are you reading thread is is Clive Barker's The Damnation Game. I think I'm gonna read it next. Or audio book it.

Good book. I read it when it came out, so I don't remember all that much about it. It was the first book by Clive Barker I'd read. Pretty weird, like most of his stuff.

Scott

Reactions: GASOLINEDREAM
GASOLINEDREAM said:
She's actually on his show a lot and yes they are friends. I think she's a total psycho-bitch, but I hate most extremists. Bill Maher is actually central on many issues--he's pretty libertarian in many ways--"Keep the government out of my personal business" and big on freedoms. I am definitely much more liberal in lots of ways, and I have been very liberal in the last few years, but that's only cause I think there's too many extreme conservatives floating around right now. Most of the time, my ass is stuck on the pole in the middle. I believe in balance. OK, that's my two cents.

To sum up: Bill Maher is very funny.

When will people realize that they are now all the same, conservtives=liberals=Democrats=Republicans, all the same, all money, all power, all unequal rights for all.

Riehlthing said:
apt pupil was pretty cool. the movie wasn't that great though...i liked the song bout it too.

I didn't read it (yet). I saw the movie with my sister's ex-boyfriend (they were together at the time). I remember being really freaked out by it. I don't know if it was close to the story or not, but what I saw was good and creepy. That could have been the ex, adding to it. Watching stuff with him was always fun. That's the worst part about people breaking up, you end up losing cool friends sometimes. Oh well.

I read Beowulf in 11th grade. It was okay. I was never really awake until 4th or 5th period, and English was third.

King of the Hill People said:
Right now I'm involved reading Beowulf. Something light before school starts back up.

That's hardcore. I haven't read Beowulf in years.

Brat, I know what you mean my sis-in-law's boyfriend might be on his way out some time soon. He's cool. She usually dates losers I'd like to scalp.

I finished the Jack Ryan books, except for Red Rabbit, don't know if I'll read that one.
And I read Gunslinger today...The new version, bought the hard back of it today. Now I'll have to read The Drawing of the Three, after I buy the hardback that is...that's next paycheck.

bRaTpRiNcEsS said:
Shhh....
(If we all stop talking about it, maybe Thra:rofl:ude will forget I haven't re-read it yet.) :D

AH-HAAAA! You must read the new version. Scott told me he's already about halfway through The Wastelands.

I'm re-reading The Green Mile.

jdelpi said:
I am re-reading Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.

Barbrady: Second, I'd like to say to all those out there who think they can screw chickens just to teach people to read: your days are numbered! [more cheering] And finally, I'd like to say that [enunciating] reading totally sucks ass! Stan, Kyle: Hooray! Barbrady: Yes, at first I was happy to be learning how to read. It seemed exciting and magical. But then I read this: "Atlas Shrugged," by Ayn Rand. AYN RAND
ATLAS
SHRUGGED
I read every last word of this garbage, and because of this piece of sh-shit I'm never reading again! Stan, Kyle: Hooray for Barbrady! [the crowd cheers again] Kyle: Wow! I guess reading really does suck ass!