What Are You Reading?

Currently reading, The Night Eternal, which is book 3 of The Strain trilogy by
Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan. I believe Del Toro is making a movie based on The Strain trilogy.

"Randy Rhoads" - Steven Rosen & Andrew Klein, an absolutely beautiful book about my favorite guitar player of all time. :worship:

The Silver Ghost by Charlotte MacLeod.

A random selection from the library I picked up today. I love classic mysteries, like in the style of Agatha Christie and the other British mystery writers of the 30s/40s, and this book, though written in 1988, falls into that style.

In a genre that is now inundated with thrillers and hard boiled detective stories (which I'm not always a fan of), I like that someone kept writing in the classic style.

My Evaluation that came in this morning.................( Not Bad I must say) Another Raise..(.From my hands to L/E!!!!)

I didn't get as much read last year as I had wanted to, so this year I'm challenging myself to read a minimum of 50 books.

Progress looks good so far. I've read The Confession of Brother Haluin, The Heretic's Apprentice, and Dead Man's Ransom by Ellis Peters in the first half of January.

Currently reading Miserere: An Autumn Tale by Teresa Frohock.

just a side note; I have come down with macular degeneration[dry]
bought a Marantze integrated amp;
and couldnt see to align the speaker wire in.
CD bokklets are just the same
take care of what you got[not that I didn't]

what I wouldn't give

no pity
no sympathy
no empathy
I call;
I think I have a straight

mw
jon

just a side note; I have come down with macular degeneration[dry]
bought a Marantze integrated amp;
and couldnt see to align the speaker wire in.
CD bokklets are just the same
take care of what you got[not that I didn't]

what I wouldn't give

no pity
no sympathy
no empathy
I call;
I think I have a straight

mw
jon

mw, folks mentioned a kindle as a reading device earlier in this thread. I still read regular books, but have many kindle books. If you haven't tried one yet : you can change font style and size the text. You can also size line spacing and you can adjust how many words per line to use. [All within the limitations of the device, of course.]

Around a quarter of the way down of the following link's page is a pretty good picture of those options : [ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008GG93YE/ref=kindle_dp_comp[/ame]

I have that basic model and find myself using it more and more. My eyes are old enough to appreciate its assistance.

Could better your hand to a straight flush.