O/T: What are you reading? part 2

bRaTpRiNcEsS said:
Are they all new versions or just the Gunslinger? Cause you already gave me a long list to read before November...

I think just The Gunslinger has new stuff in it.

I dunno if they're all new versions...I'd have to read each new version to tell you. I like the revision of Gunslinger. Flows better I think. You gotta get the new version. Scott's lucky, where he has the money to get each of the new ones, I don't. But I have the time to read them...3 days off from work, and taking it easy usually helps...especially saving money where you're just buying the books.

Metal Maiden said:
I was up until 4:fucking30 reading the Green Mile.o_O I'll finish it tonight. :D

I read it when it was in the six little books. My sister and I took turns buying and then borrowing them. It sucked ass waiting for the next one to come out over and over. It pisses me off that you can get them all in one book now. :mad:

@Rhielthing, that's what the library is for. :)

If he read it when it was brand new, yes he did wait. That was the only way to get them. They weren't available in one novel until after the sixth one was out for a while. Unless they had some special printing thing going on in Colorado.

johnnieCzech said:
Did they make a movie from Apt Pupil? That book is a killer.

Just like most King adaptions it's pretty horrible when compared to the story.

They tuned it way down, increased the kids age to make it less spooky, took out all the dreams, the slow change of the kid into a jr nazi, and a lot of murder.

It's weird that they had to cut so much stuff out of such a short story yet can manage to squeeze 6 sequels out of Children Of The Corn

bRaTpRiNcEsS said:
If he read it when it was brand new, yes he did wait. That was the only way to get them. They weren't available in one novel until after the sixth one was out for a while. Unless they had some special printing thing going on in Colorado.

I had to wait. The day the new Green Mile chapter came out, I'd go pick it up and (usually) read it all that day. Then wait another month for the next one.

And only The Gunslinger has new stuff in it.....

Ragamuffin said:
Just like most King adaptions it's pretty horrible when compared to the story.

They tuned it way down, increased the kids age to make it less spooky, took out all the dreams, the slow change of the kid into a jr nazi, and a lot of murder.

It's weird that they had to cut so much stuff out of such a short story yet can manage to squeeze 6 sequels out of Children Of The Corn
Children Of The Corn is a killer short story, but I like the original movie as well. The second sequel...well, we'd better not talk about that one, and I happened to see the sixth one...crap, crap, crap.

Libraries? What're those?
I got the Green Mile books all at once, after they'd been out for awhile.

I want to get the hardbacks, so I'd have the Dark Tower series in hardback. So it'll last longer. They're my favorite books, even above Tolkein.

I never buy hardcover. It's against my religion.

Unless it's a Stephanie Plum book. Then I find it 40% off and go through the self-checkout at Fry's so someone can walk into me and then tell me to watch where I'm going. All for a book I'll finish in about 4 hours.

One of the best books that i had read about 8-9 years ago was a book called "Bravo Two Zero" by Andy McNab a guy that was ex SAS. It was a true life story of an SAS team in iraq. Cant remember how it went exactly but it was damn good.

bRaTpRiNcEsS said:
Then I find it 40% off and go through the self-checkout at Fry's so someone can walk into me and then tell me to watch where I'm going. All for a book I'll finish in about 4 hours.

I remember that!
Today was my first day back at work (after 11 days in a row off).
I said--maybe a bit too loudly--to a co-worker, "God, I forgot how much I hate people."

ThraxDude said:
I remember that!
Today was my first day back at work (after 11 days in a row off).
I said--maybe a bit too loudly--to a co-worker, "God, I forgot how much I hate people."

Sounds like something I would say.

People are so goddamn stupid sometimes. I was in Best Buy behind this woman who bought over $400 in electronics and shit. After she wrote a cheque for the total she informed the cashier that she was buying this for a sales tax-exempt organization. Hello??? Didn't it occur to you to mention this before writing the cheque??? :erk:

Dragonlance!!!!!!!!!!! I love these books and mostly what I read. I've read tons of them....maybe like 20 or so Dragonlance books. Right now I'm reading Dragonlane's DownFall The Dhamon Saga Vol.1. Everybody busts on Jean Rabe but I like her books. Lots of action. I read a couple other books like Dean kootz The Watchers. Great book. I want to get more books by him but I dont know witch ones to get. Can somebody help me with this?

I just finished reading King's "Everything's Eventual". Well, some short stories are pretty badass, some seem to me somewhat lame. Anyone else has read that?

johnnieCzech said:
I just finished reading King's "Everything's Eventual". Well, some short stories are pretty badass, some seem to me somewhat lame. Anyone else has read that?

i did that book. I agree, some were really good, some were OK or worse. I think the body one where they are going to do the autopsy--that was a good one. Then, the Gunslinger's in one story, right!?