O/T: What are you reading? part 2

Right now: The DaVinci Code, barely started it, already sucked in.

Just finished: Clive Barkers Books Of Blood Volume 1 2 and 3, damn good stories in there.

Reactions: GASOLINEDREAM
Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan books, I'm on Debt of Honor now. Finish those before reading the next Dark Tower book...if I finish the Ryan books early enough, I'll read the first 4 DT books before the 5th one.

Nelson DeMille's Up Country. Started it on the way back from Brazil after I finished my 15th Dean Koontz book. It's really good so far Although if you want an absolutely awesome book by DeMille, read the Gold Coast. Loved that book--my whole family has read it. Also, doing A book called the Tin Collectors on audio book right now. I have a long drive to work so I do many an audio book.

I was reading Beer-For Pete's Sake until I bought the new Gunslinger: Dark Tower Book I.
Scott is also reading the new Gunslinger, if he hasn't finished it yet.
The new stuff inside is really good. If you've read all the other Dark Tower books, you should read this revised Gunslinger. If you've never read any of those books, you should start!

Ragamuffin said:
Right now: The DaVinci Code, barely started it, already sucked in.

Just finished: Clive Barkers Books Of Blood Volume 1 2 and 3, damn good stories in there.

Clive Barker and Shakespeare are actually my favorite authors. Clive slowed down his writing though so I ran out of materials and Galilee wasn't very good IMO, so I got away from him for a while.

I really love Dean Koontz now.

ThraxDude said:
I was reading Beer-For Pete's Sake until I bought the new Gunslinger: Dark Tower Book I.
Scott is also reading the new Gunslinger, if he hasn't finished it yet.
The new stuff inside is really good. If you've read all the other Dark Tower books, you should read this revised Gunslinger. If you've never read any of those books, you should start!

Ah, crap. More book reports. Son of a... :D

@Gas-My dad is really into Dean Koontz, but I haven't read anything by him.

bRaTpRiNcEsS said:

He's pretty awesome. i am actually reading his older stuff now. He has a formula. i guess most authors do. Like Stephen King, for example. King likes to build a story with massive amounts of background and build-up before you get going. Then, you also know, that in the end, he will always kill at least one to four of the main characters. Koontz builds background as he goes. I don't know what kind of stuff you like, but I'll tell you this: My favorite Koontz books are Fear Nothing and Seize the Night. I love the characters and the books are pretty wild. THat's a series of two books--so far. However, I think his absolute best written book may have to be Intensity. That is non stop "intensity" from about page 5 to the very end. It's an awesome book. Problem is, if you start with the best you may be disappointed with the rest. It was my 5th book by him. :Spin:

Tried to rep you but I had to spread it around. Th :) en, i spread it around and i can't rep for 24 hours. Bastards!! I will get Pinhead after them all. :)

Shit, I read WAY TOO FUCKING MUCH!, I read mostly fantasy and classics, and if I can pay attention, old college texts.

What I am reading right now is the Swords of Haven trilogy by Simon R. Green. It is a cop story set into a fantasy terms and is pretty damned good.

If you are interested in fantasy and haven't read the Sword of Truth novels, you should, also David Drake has something good going on with The Lord of the Isles books. If you have never read Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky, well, you should. And if anyone is looking for something different check out Harry Turtledoves "Darkness" series, its a retelling of WWII into fantasy, I've never read historical fantasy and I find it rather interesting.

bRaTpRiNcEsS said:

I've only read about 3 Koontz books.
The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon is a lot like a Koontz book, I thought.

If any of you get the chance, read Richard Marcinko's "Rouge Warrior." It's an autobiography, about his life in the navy as a UDT frogman, and as a SEAL member and CO of SEAL team 6 in the early 80's. The book fucking rules, and hooks you in really well.

I am rereading, "The Forgotten Soldier". An autobiography about a German soldier fighting on the Eastern Front. Man, the shit these guys endured was incredible. This is an awesome book!

Sound Of The Beast: The Complete Headbanging History Of Heavy Metal by Ian Christe

After that it's going to be 1984 By Orwell, and after that probably any book I can find on the Zodiac killer.

Sgt-D said:
I've gone back to some old fantasy books lately, most recognizably the Dragonlance series. Just started "The Companions."
I love the Dragonlance series, that's pretty much all I read along with Forgotten Realms and Ravenloft books. That original Dragons of.. series and the Twins series in Dragonlance ny Weis and Hickman are second only to the Lord Of The Rings and The Hobbit IMO.

I've just finished reading The Dirt and am deciding what next.

Hmmmm..... either some Dragonlance or a book called Return Of The Last Gang In Town about The Clash.