Goodbye Collin

BabyDuck

Delicate Fuckin Flower
Jul 15, 2005
The city that rhymes with fun!
WOW... I just got the craziest call from Tim. Collin has left the band. WTF you ask? He fell in love right before this tour started, nice girl, I'm truly happy for him. Unfortunetly he threw away his musical career for her. He left the band today litterally.. he packed up all his things, said he was going to go do laundry... got his head and amp all ready to go... said he was going to get them cleaned.. and left...

He should be home in regina tonight and needless to say Tim is PISSED at him. ALOT. He wants his Ibanez back, might be a good idea to return it before Tim gets home...

Collin, We're all so dissapointed in you

If she's such a nice girl, why did she make him throw his life away? Also, why doesn't Collin understand the code?

testofwills said:
Playing staduims with Megadeath then leave like that.....Unbeleivable...

you can say that again...
Tim is hanging in there when he would really want to be at today's funeral of Dave and Collin leaves for no real reason at all (sure you can be love sick but come on you're on fucking gigantour). I say that's totally respectless.

wtf! Into Eternity better not cancel further gigantour dates. find a last minute replacement for the rest of the tour. this weekend i go to gigantour for TWO BANDS! into eternity and lamb of god! some of my friends are going just for Into Eternity. Tim, maybe you can give collin a good pep talk and get him back on board.

this is really unexpected and nearly cruel for a band member to just leave like that without giving any real reason. I wanna see developements on this topic and i'm gonna pray it all works out in the end. best of luck.

Musical suicide...

Would you play in a band with a guy who bailed on his FRIEND on the biggest tour of thier carreer (far less the fucking gigantour hand picked by Dave Mustaine)

When Tim called me about this, I swear I've never even heard some of the nasty words that came out of his mouth, and Tim is the most easy going kind man I've ever met in my life bar none. He said "Call EVERYONE we know, EVERYONE, and let them know what a coward he is for leaving."

In the words of our friends that I've told... "he better marry this chick"

zmetallica said:
wtf! Into Eternity better not cancel further gigantour dates. find a last minute replacement for the rest of the tour. this weekend i go to gigantour for TWO BANDS! into eternity and lamb of god! some of my friends are going just for Into Eternity. Tim, maybe you can give collin a good pep talk and get him back on board.

this is really unexpected and nearly cruel for a band member to just leave like that without giving any real reason. I wanna see developements on this topic and i'm gonna pray it all works out in the end. best of luck.

Tim said that when they couldn't wait a second longer for him to come back, they played as a foursome AND GOT A STANDING OVATION
On the bright side now you can hear ALL of Tim's brilliant/technical playing instead of having to differentiate from melody and harmony... right?? on the brightside... Tim will plow thru this is his band, he's put alot of his life into it and a shit-the-bed friend ain't gonna get the best of him. Go see them and you'll see, I bet it will be better!

Love can make you do irrational things. I was missing a loved one on a tour once, although picking up and leaving in the middle of it never would have crossed my mind. I look back on it now and feel like an ass because I could have had a lot more fun if I hadn't let it get to me. Lesson learned, never again. Your loved ones will always be there waiting for you when you come back, so experience life while you can.
Good luck to all concerned, and I know Tim is more than capable of pulling it off alone.
An aside note--how cool would it be for Glen D. to fill in for a couple nights?

That is just so wrong. Hard to put any spin on it in the guy's favor. Kudos to the rest of the guys for keeping up the spirits and plowing through. Best of luck! Kick some ass on the rest of the tour!

Man fuck that guy, he when I saw IE last week, he didn't really seem to be into the performance at all, he totally didn't fit in and Into Eternity is better off without him, no doubt about it. Keep on plugging away guys, I'm sure it's tough with constant setbacks, but I respect you all more than any other band cuz no matter what, whether band members leave, you're all sick as fuck, buses break down, or people close to you pass on, you still give your all when up on stage and you still create some of the best metal on the planet, that's what it's all about.