Goodbye Collin

Even though this is a setback for the moment, it is just that - temporary. Tim and the band have gone through everything I can possibly imagine, but that really only makes him and them stronger. He's quite the determined person, so this won't hinder him or the band live one bit. I'm happy that they will plug along for the rest of the tour - there would be no damned way that the band would stop the tour just because of something like this. And I give them all the kudos in the world for always forging ahead. If Colin couldn't handle being away from the girlie for that short amount of time, he doesn't need to be a musician and he should remember that now he because of that, he can never ever even HOPE to tour again.

Squeak said:
He's quite the determined person, so this won't hinder him or the band live one bit.

And I give them all the kudos in the world for always forging ahead.

We can't stress that enough. Which each change certain people like to point at Tim and give him all the blame, as they can't think of anything else but that he must be a horrible person that chases everyone away. I'm so sick of that. I'm sure he asks a lot from his fellow musicians, as he asks a lot from himself, but he survives everyone and anything because he's the most determined and dedicated musician I have ever met.

Collin is an idiot. The girl will leave him inside 4 months, I guarantee it. She sounds decietful, and leopards don't change their spots. As for IE, they are one of the best metal bands of our time. They have such a wealth of talent right now, and guitar is an instrument a lot of people out there can play well. They will find a new axeman when they get the chance to breathe, I am sure.

I met Colin before and he was cool, but he totally didn't belong there. And now, my respect for him has gone downhill. Gosh, what a fucking moron! So many people would love to take his spot and be there. So many other people deserved this and he takes it for granted like that... Man, that makes me pissed!!!!!!

I don't really know what to say abou this Collin guy, but I'm sure anybody would have been just as pissed as Tim. I mean, riiiight as you're about to open up for Megadeth the guy just never shows? Holy jeez. That's UNFORGIVABLE. Hey, Tim. Sorry to hear about your best friend. I can't say how honerable I felt being at your hamilton show. I mean, you had every right to be somewhere else. You had Collin leave the show for a woman and you wouldn't even leave the show for your friends funeral. I'm not saying anything bad there what-so-ever. I'm just saying that THAT is dedication. I would have had to make the same decision myself. As one guy put it, Bro's before Hoe's. And wtf, I mean everyone knows relationships don't last until your at start them when your're at least 30 anyway. Lol
:worship:

my two cents:

i personally know two dudes who were in bands and who quit the bands because their girlfriends turned into psycho bitches blah blah blah 'there's no money in metal, get a real job blah blah blah'. It's always infuriating how they think it's "ok" for them to rule their boyfriend's lives. I have been dating a musician for almost 8 years now - and the band he was in kicked him out - and i was so upset i thought it might have been my fault i almost puked from crying so hard. I was so mad. I am the most supportive - i would do anything for my bf's band - and anything for him - i have been know to say "i'm not just a groupie. i'm more like a roadie. i help carry shit too!"

it's really fucking sickening that girls are like that but - then again - i see it all the time. If i ever thought that my prescence would hinder my bf's music career i would take a hike so fast. I guess i just love music that much.

and on another note; if my bf was on gigantour and he dropped out, i would fucking kill him. I mean kill him, i would take a fucking sledgehammer to his head! it would be messy..... i'll tell ya that much. Either that or i'd fucking drag him right back in there by the balls! omg what i would GIVE to be on that tour!!! fuckin' MEGADETH!!!! oh. my. fucking. god.

-N

rule #1 in my book when dating a girl. she has to like metal. i use the word like meaning she can dig it and like some band and support you. she can listen to whatever music she listens to, but she has to like it and can find common ground. don't support me in what is my life and i won't be with you.

wow thats a lot to throw away for a girl.

good to hear from someone close to the him and tim. i'll be seeing them in a few hours, i'm excited to hear them without collin oddly enough. it'll give a different vibe to the music as only one guitarist will be there.

it was one thing for IE to play that night in Toronto (4 songs)

it was even more mindblowing that they still put together a HEADLINE show for us folks in Hamilton 1 day after their guitar player leaving

i can assure all of you that IE sounded fucking great on both of these nights

Troy kept the rythym tight while Tim did all the leads, it was actually cool to hear some of the leads without a second guitar, sure the harmonies lacked, but a well written song is still a well written song.

i could never thank IE enough for putting on that headline show considering the events that lead up to it. it just happened to be one of the greatest nights of my life!

but yes, IE will be much better off without this clown:kickass:

just came home from gigantour tonight, it was fucking incredible! and The boys handled well, they played 3 songs which sucked, you guys gotta headline NYC! bb kings, of course thats like the place ie are mostly in lol